Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

latest (July) Tesla price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which phone number are people using in order to speak to Tesla about delivery? The customer service number I try only talks about road side assistance and super charging problems.

Some people are being told about August delivery and I have heard nothing. No text, calls or email from Tesla. My account has not shifted since May. I would just like to know if there is a chance it will be on the next ship. I had a vin in the source code ages ago 40xxxx but has recently changed to 44xxxx. But I think this is probably meaningless!
I used 01628 450 606. Got through to someone in about 10 minutes this morning.

Reactions: Rob R and Mathop
Yes the government grant one is the only thing I have had from them. I guessed that was automated, but nothing else. I realise other people have not heard too, but many people on here have had some sort of communication. Very frustrating

Reservation December 2018, ordered 24/05/19

Not even the text about including the 3500 grant on the invoice and the one about the price drop? Those are automated (ish) so if you're not getting those I'd check your contact details are correct.

Everything else, tesla call if and when they feel like it.. you're not alone.

Just spoken to SG Fleet and there is still no clarify on what the prices changes mean for lease pricing. They're not able to quote at the moment, as there are no CAP rates tables following the changes. Rates tables are published by CAP every Thursday, so it's possible that quotes could start again tomorrow. This assumes Tesla have actually provided the figures to CAP.

Octopus are working closely with SG to find a solution for those of us with P- orders who want the full fat version.
There are conflicting details coming out of Tesla customer services as to what will happen with these existing orders.
Some people (myself included) have been told that there is no discount for the P-, and that we should simply change our order to the new version and pay the difference (difficult if you're leasing).
Others have actually been sent modified invoices which reflect a £1500-£2000 discount.
A few people have even been told that their P- orders will be converted into LR.

Here's hoping for some clarity tomorrow.

Reactions: zayn
so you will be paying more to go from a p- to a p , even though a P is now cheaper ?

how does that work??

Just spoken to SG Fleet and there is still no clarify on what the prices changes mean for lease pricing. They're not able to quote at the moment, as there are no CAP rates tables following the changes. Rates tables are published by CAP every Thursday, so it's possible that quotes could start again tomorrow. This assumes Tesla have actually provided the figures to CAP.

Octopus are working closely with SG to find a solution for those of us with P- orders who want the full fat version.
There are conflicting details coming out of Tesla customer services as to what will happen with these existing orders.
Some people (myself included) have been told that there is no discount for the P-, and that we should simply change our order to the new version and pay the difference (difficult if you're leasing).
Others have actually been sent modified invoices which reflect a £1500-£2000 discount.
A few people have even been told that their P- orders will be converted into LR.

Here's hoping for some clarity tomorrow.

My AWD old base price was £50,500 new price is £48,990 should the reduction not be £1510. You are saying £660 not sure how you get that figure when I have the same base model? I have 19”, silver metallic and FSD.

I’m I missing something. I ordered the fsd before the £1000 increase not sure if that makes a difference.

So with the new pricing, the SR+ including delivery fee is only 840 smackers above the luxury tax threshold. Surely there's a really easy solution here? Reduce the price of the SR+ in the UK by a further £1k and sell it with Autopilot unbundled. Then charge £1k for Autopilot to be activated post delivery within a set time period. For a lot of people, there's a psychological hurdle to buying a car caught by this tax, especially if it's barely above the threshold. They could play around further with the pricing if they wanted to encourage up-sell to FSD post delivery.

Meanwhile they should be lobbying the incoming government hard to lift the luxury tax threshold for EVs, given the battery & powertrain has a higher upfront cost than a petrol/diesel engine.

so you will be paying more to go from a p- to a p , even though a P is now cheaper ?

how does that work??
The P+ is £550 more expensive than the P- was. This has effectively devalued the P- by about £4500 based on the cost of the previous performance pack and the white paint.

In the simplest case, I could get Tesla to change the order to the new performance model, and give them a cash payment of £550. However, the leasing company are not happy about me doing that. They are insisting on requoting for the new performance model and making me go through the whole quote, credit check, sign new paperwork process.

I don't have a problem with them doing that, as long as they don't order a new car and cancel the current one. Modifying the existing order is the way to go, so that I won't lose my referrals or hopefully, my place in the queue.

Just need to wait on the new quotes before I decide what to do.

My AWD old base price was £50,500 new price is £48,990 should the reduction not be £1510. You are saying £660 not sure how you get that figure when I have the same base model? I have 19”, silver metallic and FSD.

I’m I missing something. I ordered the fsd before the £1000 increase not sure if that makes a difference.
Sadly they seem to be repricing FSD too to the new price - that £900 increase wipes out most of the difference leaving the £660 saving.

Copied from the LR AWD thread:

Spoke to the lovely Chris who confirmed my car was on a boat and that it should be delivered in the week of 12th August. He also confirmed that I wouldn't be paying the higher amount. They would either revert me fully back to my original invoice amount, or reduce the FSD price back to the original amount with the new pricing. Either way I will pay the original FSD price. My order agreement will either stay the same as original or go down (not up as it has). He also confirmed that if I switched to white it would change my delivery date. It is an algorithm detecting a change in the configuration that is causing the current FSD price to be used, even though there has been no configuration change, so they are looking at how to resolve that. I am person 222 on his list to get back to.

Reactions: ediflyer