Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Price Drop Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go to one dealership and get a price. Now go to another...

Exactly they dont change monthly or even weekly. They change by the minute based on the salerpersons mood, your race, your sex and anything else they feel like. Because there is no price for that car, it is hiding behind a fake price called MSRP which no one pays.

Would you be happier if Tesla just said the Model 3 has a MSRP of 70k and haggled with the actual price in private so no one knew what anyone else paid?

I bought a Tesla believing in the vision and now I feel like a sucker who bought into a scam. I will definitely try hard to avoid buying a Tesla next time around. It's sad, but the brand has about the same prestige as VW to me at this point.

Oh, come on, be honest with us, you've hated Tesla as well as yourself for years. This price drop is just an excuse to bash Tesla, and the man who is probably the greatest American innovator in modern times. It's important to note the Model 3 retains one of the best resale values of any car. That's a fact.

Tesla is simply following their business plan which has been public information for many years. Pay attention. They want to make EV's affordable for the people and the Model 3 is their first product designed to do it. Not only is the Model 3 a smashing success in this regard, but the car itself is also a breakthrough product. If recent events generate emotions of hate, I suggest you look inside rather than try to blame people who are much more amazing than yourself.

Exactly they dont change monthly or even weekly. They change by the minute based on the salerpersons mood, your race, your sex and anything else they feel like. Because there is no price for that car, it is hiding behind a fake price called MSRP which no one pays.

Would you be happier if Tesla just said the Model 3 has a MSRP of 70k and haggled with the actual price in private so no one knew what anyone else paid?
Exactly or you can be like me who’s educated masters level, and some ****ing vw sales man says, “oh you speak English.” Reduced to an Asian stereotype. #Endrant

My tesla dealership experience was great. I want to test drive “why yes you can!” I don’t want this feature... “of course!” In and out in 60 mins including 20 min test drive.

Reactions: StealthP3D
My Model S 60D (Sep 2016 delivery) cost $79,950. Not sure how much it's worth now, since it was the very basic of configuration you can have a the time. The only options I picked were AP1, Subzero package and Premium Interior which gave me the alcantara dash pad and headliner). The very next month in Oct 2016, AP2 came out. o_O

I love the car and with almost 80k miles, I've driven it all over the place and enjoyed the Free Lifetime Supercharging. Outside of tires, I've not spent anything on it. It's probably worth $40k now.

But - It's better than when I got it 3 years ago, in terms of the bells and whistles. More importantly, I have the fart mode.:D Had I bought a (name your car here) in 2016, it will still be worth less, and it wouldn't have gotten better. Not to mention all the maintenance and fuel costs I would've spent on said car.

On June 1 of this year, we bought a 2019 MX 100D with Unlimited Free Supercharging. It's way cheaper than what people that bought the same car the day before and they didn't get unlimited free supercharging.

@Sutton 3P - MORAL OF THE STORY: Drive your car and enjoy it and don't look back. And don't forget, you can always sell it and go be happy with a (name your car here). Don't come running back here when that M3P has FSD active and earning money for the person you sold it to.

I understand the frustration but no use to whine now. Just drive the crap out of that car to make it worth.

I feel a little sour too but oh well. Now a pearl white P3D+, the car that I truly wanted but couldn’t afford, is only $990 more than what I paid for my black LR RWD.
I'll gladly stop whining and drive the crap out of my car.... Once they offer me a 2K option to upgrade to the performance software ;)

Any other P3D owners getting tired of continuous tesla force depreciation? Tesla has depreciated my car 25% since I bought it and it has likely depreciated another 25% due to use. I am still underwater on my 2018 vs buying new. My trade in is probably around 50% of what I paid 10 mths ago.

I get the mission and what not but $15k in price cuts less than one year of release is just ridiculous.

Teslas excessive price cuts are a disservice to its loyal customers that dropped $1000 down on a reservation 3 years ago.

https://electrek.co/2019/07/18/tesl...dEFtEAVvOBntX4sMDanZVWLYIQ5ZwtLD_kCjJzxhJtWJw
You must be mistaken. Mr. Musk said that Tesla vehicles were appreciating assets. ;)
Get with the program.
Robin

The moral of the story is: New prospective buyers - you DO NOT ORDER the car now, in a few months you will get a better deal.

That's why I STILL haven't bought that new laptop computer I started shopping for in 1995. I want a state of the art laptop - it has to be in the top 10% for speed, have a great keyboard and class-leading battery life. But they wanted $6500 and I knew it would be cheaper in the next year or two. So I said, I can keep using pencil and paper, my calculator (which was a huge purchase mistake, BTW) and my telephone until the price drops.

It turns out I was smart to wait, I can buy a really good laptop now for $900. But I know they will be cheaper next year so I'm posting this from one of the computers in the public library. In the last 24 years I've saved over $5000 by not buying a laptop. Who knows when I'll get my first laptop computer but I'm not about to be the sucker who buys one only to see it next year for less.

Don't be stupid people, why pay for a computer that will only be cheaper and better next year? The computers in the library are absolutely free! Same thing with cars. Just take the bus or use a hand-me-down pedal car like I do. Sure, the people I work with at the chicken packing plant laugh at me when I show up to work in a pedal car but it's not like they have very nice cars either. Taking the bus or driving a pedal car is not free but it's a lot cheaper than buying a Tesla. Elon Musk is a fraudster!

There is nothing wrong with the hand-me-down pedal car I got as a kid (and it was free). No, I'm not cheap, I just like not spending money. A Tesla Performance Model 3 has nothing on my pedal car and it's already depreciated as much as it's going to. If my abacus was handy I could calculate exactly how much money I've saved. Yes, I sold my calculator because I realized if I held on it would depreciate to almost zero. Next year I won't buy that state-of-the-art laptop either because I know what a ripoff they are. It's will probably be a couple hundred less next year. OK, gotta sign-off now, the library is closing. Even if it were not closing, I don't like driving my pedal car at night. I'll be getting some LED headlights for it, but not anytime soon because the price of LED's and batteries keep dropping. Gotta run...

Last edited:
Should I start by listing my promises?

I'm constantly amused by people who don't understand that setting lofty goals and aggressive milestones is a critical part of creating a culture of innovation and success. Study after study shows that setting realistic goals and attainable milestones breeds corporate mediocrity. Were it not for Musk's pie in the sky dreams, the Nissan Leaf would be the best electric car in the world and SpaceX wouldn't exist.

In today's world, a company that promises and delivers 10,000 widgets in ten years is a success while a company that promises 100,000 widgets in five years but takes six years to do it it is a failure.

Wow got a disagreement for saying I’m grateful for a lower price. Harsh. Guess I need to suffer like early adopters?
So yeah not only do people give me the thumbs down for being happy, but when I create a dedicated post explaining my viewpoint it gets locked and sent to the general forums. Confirms my theory that hate and discontent fuels this forum. Got to complain to get views. If your happy no one cares or is phased about your view. Got to love that.

Reactions: StealthP3D