Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this on FB, and nearly pissed myself. The poster is really making a kids book!

View attachment 1001774
Funny.
1000023093.jpg

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: bpobill and jebinc
Be prepared to wait a long time if you did not order a foundation series… only capable of producing enough 4680 cells for 24k truck in 2024. Yikes!

Austin, we have a problem! Tesla descends into battery hell
Not sure everything in that article is accurate - but I've repeatedly maintained that the CT production line will be battery constrained - that's the primary challenge at this time and for at least the first half of 2024 with only two 4680 production lines running, shutting down the 4680 line in Fremont (to create the nextgen 4680 technology - which is really just as important strategically), and with Panasonic just breaking ground on new plants for 4680 production next month - which won't be online until 2025 really.

Be prepared to wait a long time if you did not order a foundation series… only capable of producing enough 4680 cells for 24k truck in 2024. Yikes!

Austin, we have a problem! Tesla descends into battery hell
If the sources are reliable. All nine of them. Does sound fishy, but who knows. Definitely can’t believe everything you read. Especially some of the tweets by our favorite billionaire, who many of us love and cherish despite not being perfect.

It’s so polarizing. People seem to think it’s ugly or looks totally awesome. It’s truly a work of art.
I like the look, which is why I ordered it on day zero, way back when. Canceled due to other shortfalls, in my mind. Not paying Tesla a "Scalper's premium," or giving them another $1000 for a EDD of "TBD". To Each.

All other Tesla battery form factors; energy desire wise.
Based on Model Y 4680 cells, or the next generation ones for Cybertruck?

Q2: "Against our battery energy density targets, the cyber cell is at our expectations on a like-for-like electrochemistry basis, where we're yet to integrate silicon or in-house cathode production, both reviewed on Battery Day, which do bring significant further energy density and cost improvements."

Q3: "The Cybertruck cell with 10% higher energy than our Model Y cell started production on Line 2 in Texas. This quarter, we convert to building 100% Cybertruck cells to simplify and focus the factory as we ramp all four lines in Phase 1 over the next three quarters. Phase 2 of the Texas 4680 facility is currently under construction. The additional four lines incorporate further capital efficiencies over Phase 1, and our target is for them to start producing in late 2024."
Transcripts by Motley Fool

Based on Model Y 4680 cells, or the next generation ones for Cybertruck?

Q2: "Against our battery energy density targets, the cyber cell is at our expectations on a like-for-like electrochemistry basis, where we're yet to integrate silicon or in-house cathode production, both reviewed on Battery Day, which do bring significant further energy density and cost improvements."

Q3: "The Cybertruck cell with 10% higher energy than our Model Y cell started production on Line 2 in Texas. This quarter, we convert to building 100% Cybertruck cells to simplify and focus the factory as we ramp all four lines in Phase 1 over the next three quarters. Phase 2 of the Texas 4680 facility is currently under construction. The additional four lines incorporate further capital efficiencies over Phase 1, and our target is for them to start producing in late 2024."
Transcripts by Motley Fool
Based on the current energy density of the cells now being produced. Not the future supposedly better ones in the pipeline. Cats delivery today have batteries with lower Energy density that those other form factors used in the Model S/X and even the 2170s widely used in the 3/Y.