Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First trim to be releases:

2x motor 350 mile range with 4680 gen 2 batteries $69K

Next trims with 4680 gen 3 (yet to come)
2x motor 500 miles $79K
3x motor 600 miles $99K
For these trims we might have to wait until 2024 due to waiting for 4680 gen 3s

All guesses by other's
Don’t shoot the messenger

Batteries

We are now testing Cybertruck vehicles around the world for final certification and validation. This might be the most unique vehicle product in decades; with that comes trialing and testing new technologies. As far as we know, Cybertruck will be the first sub-19 ft. truck (fitting into a garage) that has both four doors and 6+ ft. bed. Both technologically and architecturally, this vehicle will break a lot of boundaries – very much in line with how we think about vehicle engineering and manufacturing.
1689797993207.png

1689798026371.png

1689798050728.png

1689798085488.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mm9351
We are now testing Cybertruck vehicles around the world for final certification and validation. This might be the most unique vehicle product in decades; with that comes trialing and testing new technologies. As far as we know, Cybertruck will be the first sub-19 ft. truck (fitting into a garage) that has both four doors and 6+ ft. bed. Both technologically and architecturally, this vehicle will break a lot of boundaries – very much in line with how we think about vehicle engineering and manufacturing.
View attachment 957788

View attachment 957789

View attachment 957790
View attachment 957791
cool pics. but wait - what about this "We are now testing Cybertruck vehicles around the world for final certification and validation."

so they are *just about* to start production but are also still testing around the world and haven't certified and validated the production design yet?

driving through standing water and mud puddles should have been done years ago ;)

I agree. Probably 20% of those reservations go through. But they will likely end up with another 0.5 million once you can make new reservations.

Also Elon has unfortunately managed to put a rather ugly face on the brand IMHO. Not giving Tesla his all, looking like a fool in his financial decisions as his pissed away billions on Twitter. What if he does something stupid that impacts your ownership.

I will investigate other brands in my next purchase. Will still consider Tesla. But 2 years ago I thought I’d own Teslas forever. Now I’m embarrassed to be associated with the Brand.
Elon != Tesla, this is a silly position to take. It was his own money, he can do what he wants. We have no idea how much he's been involved previous to the purchase or now. Elon is a hard working visionary, not a manager. Tesla has good managers, they have for a long time. Good luck with your Lyric.

Reactions: Kevy Baby
cool pics. but wait - what about this "We are now testing Cybertruck vehicles around the world for final certification and validation."

so they are *just about* to start production but are also still testing around the world and haven't certified and validated the production design yet?

driving through standing water and mud puddles should have been done years ago ;)

Interesting viewpoint, clearly you should apply for a job at Tesla since you seem to know more than they do about mass producing cars. :rolleyes:

Interesting. I wonder if or what kind of skid plates it may have to protect the underbody from rocks?
Clearly, we're all just speculating but I wonder if they/it will have any structural component or just be bolt-on armor.

Reactions: lowtek
I am more concerned about the wiper failing to keep up with clearing the mud in the pic above.
I certainly hope they realized that single arm needs help, and will switch to two (2) arm wiper design before actual customer-delivery production run kicks off. Or soon thereafter, and let eager beavers drive with a squeegee and a bucket on the ready.

1689907751613.png

Robots walking around a factory
Cool!

That BS is all for show.
Don't get distracted with the fluff.

a

Reactions: kpanda17 and alexgr
Going into the earning call social media was filled with assurance Cybertruck would be released in 3rd quarter.

Now it appears to be end of 4th quarter.

I think that’s the single most important changed expectation from the call which precipitated the sell off.

Discuss.

Reactions: TessP100D
Going into the earning call social media was filled with assurance Cybertruck would be released in 3rd quarter.

Now it appears to be end of 4th quarter.

I think that’s the single most important changed expectation from the call which precipitated the sell off.

Discuss.

Anybody who followed the calls during the Model X development would say that it doesn't mean 4th quarter, it means no earlier than 4th quarter.

I was really disappointed they didn't give more info about the CT launch. Like no info at all really. It certainly does not feel like we are close to launch, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the first delivery slips into 2024. I hope they start deliveries in 2023 but I'm not feeling confident about it any longer.

I think a delivery of even 1 CT is necessary in 2023
Remember the first delivery deadline for the S back in the day, they did it then
It’s Elon and when pushed, he always delivers
Financially, it looks best to hold off delivery until they can deliver a bunch in a quarter to increase margins. 3 was margin negative, Y started its first quarter positive.

Given they are making release candidates now, Q4 deliveries seem likely and Q3 may be feasible.

Reactions: Eric9610
None of this
Just waiting for launch day for when everyone is back from summer vacations
Crazy as it sounds, product announcements, launches happen sept to dec 10
Not now until sept
Not 12/10 to 12/31
Everyone’s head is somewhere else
My take

None of this
Just waiting for launch day for when everyone is back from summer vacations
Crazy as it sounds, product announcements, launches happen sept to dec 10
Not now until sept
Not 12/10 to 12/31
Everyone’s head is somewhere else
My take
This and the lines aren't ready for actual.they are still in testing and tooling phase according to the Q2 earnings call.

Previous new releases made a ton of cars in the testing phase until the line was ready for production like the Austin MY.

Reactions: kpanda17