Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
pmvemcM.gif

I highly, HIGHLY doubt the CT is heavier than the Hummer. In fact I'd bet it's a fair bit lighter.
Full stop fellas… time out…. Off grid for a while….. just release the thing and let the chips fall where they may … geez

It’s trolling because your feelings are hurt that

“Early regulatory filings in California indicated that the Tesla Cybertruck would come in at a curb weight of around 8,500 to
10,000 Ibs (3,855 - 4,536 kg).”

So, most likely heavier than the Hummer?

Early regulatory filings.

Which list a starting weight range over 500 lbs below the hummer and isn't itself definitive at all.

No wonder you're only willing to risk 50 cents :)

It's trolling because you're drawing unfounded conclusions based on an old filing that even THEN doesn't prove your claim.

We know, for an actual fact, GMs evs are less efficient than Teslas- so even if they had no OTHER engineering advantages (and we know they do- structural pack for example) you'd still be wrong in your thinking it'll be heavier than the hummer.

It’s trolling because your feelings are hurt that

“Early regulatory filings in California indicated that the Tesla Cybertruck would come in at a curb weight of around 8,500 to
10,000 Ibs (3,855 - 4,536 kg).”

So, most likely heavier than the Hummer?
Don't know where you got that quote from. The 8,501 - 10,000 estimate from 2019 based on expected vehicle class is the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR). That is fully loaded capacity NOT curb weight.
If a vehicle exceeds 10,000 that impacts commercial use, so they would certify at the lower classification.
Tesla Tells CARB Its Cybertruck Is A Class 2 Medium-Duty Pickup - CleanTechnica

Early regulatory filings.

Which list a starting weight range over 500 lbs below the hummer and isn't itself definitive at all.

No wonder you're only willing to risk 50 cents :)

It's trolling because you're drawing unfounded conclusions based on an old filing that even THEN doesn't prove your claim.

We know, for an actual fact, GMs evs are less efficient than Teslas- so even if they had no OTHER engineering advantages (and we know they do- structural pack for example) you'd still be wrong in your thinking it'll be heavier than the hummer.
It's wronger than that, the range is for GVWR, not curb (which is untracked regulation wise AFAIK).
Hummer is 10,550 gross, 9,063 curb, 1,300 pound payload capacity...
2023 GMC HUMMER EV Specs & Features | Edmunds

I apologize for my misinformation, the CT will have the same size battery pack as the Hummer

Almost certainly not- again we know for a fact GMs utlium trash is less efficient than Teslas BEVs.

, will go faster and more efficient, will also be lighter

Based on every single thing known about existing GM and Tesla EVs that seems the first accurate thing you've posted all thread!

Almost certainly not- again we know for a fact GMs utlium trash is less efficient than Teslas BEVs.

Based on every single thing known about existing GM and Tesla EVs that seems the first accurate thing you've posted all thread!

Not really, I said the Frunk would be tiny compared to the competition and also stated that the CT would be a follower which is also accurate.

Tesla usually brags about how they beat the competition, yet nothing….. wonder why that is…. Hmmmmm

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
I apologize for my misinformation, the CT will have the same size battery pack as the Hummer, will go faster and more efficient, will also be lighter all at $39k….

What makes you think the CT will have a 212kw battery? I expect the top CT model to have battery sizably smaller due to efficiencies alone, not to mention lesser air drag than the Hummer.

Not really, I said the Frunk would be tiny compared to the competition and also stated that the CT would be a follower which is also accurate.

Tesla usually brags about how they beat the competition, yet nothing….. wonder why that is…. Hmmmmm

Can you cite some examples of them bragging about beating the competition before a product is actually on sale?

Spoiler: some elon tweets won't cut it- because there's been plenty of those about CT as well.

Reactions: cusetownusa
What makes you think the CT will have a 212kw battery? I expect the top CT model to have battery sizably smaller due to efficiencies alone, not to mention lesser air drag than the Hummer.

Again I apologize for the misinformation.

Tesla has a secret formula that will deliver over 400 miles of range on a small battery light battery…. And still tow 250 miles and do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and handle like a Sports car….

They’ve been on social media bragging about it for a while……

Again I apologize for the misinformation.

Tesla has a secret formula that will deliver over 400 miles of range on a small battery light battery….

Probably the same one they use in every existing car that is more efficient than the ones from Ford and GM today

Not surprised “Elon tweets won’t cut it……”

Move those goal post boys……

Dude.

If elons tweets count then there's PLENTY OF BRAGGING ABOUT THE CT and your claim there isn't is untrue

either way your claim is factually, nonsensically, wrong.

Here's 5 examples from 10 seconds of google.

Testing and commissioning. EPA testing is incredibly specific and requires a lot of information for it to come out accurate. The tires need a specific number of miles. They have to test panels, and materials for a certain amount of miles for validation too. It might sound lame but there are tests down to how the car will handle hitting a curb at a range of speeds, with different wheels, tires etc. Most of these tests can't happen until they're making release candidates. When you start seeing more cars on the road that's better and means it closer. Think back to the Y launch. We were driving them around for 3-4 months before they launched. That was all for testing.

The initial specs are just targets to hit, usually they do and they definitely drive a lot of hard work to hit the marks. That's what I miss about working there is that someone will set a goal, its never thought to be impossible but a combo of every team working to figure out how to get the range to hit. They've saved 1-2% range by making small cuts in the side repeaters for when their is moisture to make sure they can properly move water over the car while keeping the Coefficient drag in line with the target.

Testing and commissioning. EPA testing is incredibly specific and requires a lot of information for it to come out accurate. The tires need a specific number of miles. They have to test panels, and materials for a certain amount of miles for validation too. It might sound lame but there are tests down to how the car will handle hitting a curb at a range of speeds, with different wheels, tires etc. Most of these tests can't happen until they're making release candidates. When you start seeing more cars on the road that's better and means it closer. Think back to the Y launch. We were driving them around for 3-4 months before they launched. That was all for testing.

The initial specs are just targets to hit, usually they do and they definitely drive a lot of hard work to hit the marks. That's what I miss about working there is that someone will set a goal, its never thought to be impossible but a combo of every team working to figure out how to get the range to hit. They've saved 1-2% range by making small cuts in the side repeaters for when their is moisture to make sure they can properly move water over the car while keeping the Coefficient drag in line with the target.

Thank you for the breakdown. When do you suspect we will see solid numbers? Hopefully before the “delivery event”

Thank you for the breakdown. When do you suspect we will see solid numbers? Hopefully before the “delivery event”
I can't think of a specific launch since model Y where there was a large volume delivery process. When they originally launched the Y they were still pushing some parts around the factory by human power on carts while finishing the production line. Texas was totally different. That was pretty much all up and running at the time.

Model S Plaid/Refresh was probably 20-25 cars that were painstakingly selected based on available materials( at this time there was a massive parts and plastics shortage during covid). But testing had being ongoing under cover (wind tunnels and test sites) since probably the January before it launched if that's a good benchmark. That's probably the closest for expectation since the Model S is more of a rebuild than many are aware of. The underbody and front fascia took tweaking down to the finish line.

Texas Y was rolled out a bit quicker, but I'm not sure on shipped volume.

Cybertruck is a different animal altogether. They want to get it right and the demands for what it can or should do are pretty high. I think patience will be a good advantage here. I'd say mid 2024 is when I'd want to take delivery, it lets all the kinks get worked out in production, but maybe they're already hammering that out now. I'd also say that it is probably a major disadvantage in some regards to have the F150 lightning and other trucks effectively not on the market right now due to strikes or production cancellations. I imagined they'd try to get the price to fit in under their competitors with a impressive suite of features.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa