Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lawfirm seeking for class action participants

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can't "expect" something to be probable or certain to COMPLETE VALIDATION when the software isn't even written yet. How can you consider it probable or certain to complete validation by December, when you haven't even started?

I can see how this class action could have been put together by Mobileye for Tesla's widthdrawl. It wasn't enough that they blamed Tesla over safety concerns and then later blocked Tesla's further Developement of AP2 causing the delay. This might just be insult to injury.

@oktane , how much do you "know" about Mobileye?

What Tesla should have said: "We don't know when AP2 features will be working, but we will start development December 2016. You can chose to be a beta tester at your own risk and pay us for the privilege."

They essentially did. Indeed they also made clear that you could wait to purchase it later -- or you could prepay (at a discount) now, and use the features as they are rolled out.

Those who chose to prepay, instead of waiting, are getting exactly what they paid for. It won't work until it works. But meanwhile, you got a discount on the price, and you can use the feature as it is being finalized.

This is so simple. I don't understand people who refuse to see that they had the option to simply not prepay for features that weren't done yet if they were going to make themselves so upset while waiting.

I don't understand people who refuse to see that they had the option to simply not prepay for features that weren't done yet if they were going to make themselves so upset while waiting.
Did you order a HW2 car in October 2016?

Are you long TSLA?

I'm trying to understand why you are having so much trouble following -- and are so obsessed with and lathered up about -- the concerns.

What this boils down to is some here feel that this class action is a frivolous claim made by a few owners/lawyers who either did not do their due diligence prior to purchasing or now have buyer's remorse and are too impatient to wait for further AP2 development. All platitudes apply here, "you get what you pay for" (early EAP orders got a $1k discount, early Full auto buyers as well. You could have waited and paid more when AP2 is ready) , "Patience is a virtue" (demanding AP2 to be ready at your will or else sue someone seems irrational, when the tech is reliably safe it will be made available), "what goes around, comes around" (treating others as you would want to be treated yourself, in this case seems to be self-defeating, especially if you are NOT willing to surrender your AP2 car to Tesla immediately if offered the opportunity).

I would probably be ok with getting my $3k back and buying FSD later if and when it's really available. The issue to me is Tesla is not willing to offer refunds and is ignoring any requests for refunds. The reason I chose this car was because of FSD and the way they marketed it as if it was ready but just waiting approval which turned out to be false.

I would probably be ok with getting my $3k back and buying FSD later if and when it's really available. The issue to me is Tesla is not willing to offer refunds and is ignoring any requests for refunds. The reason I chose this car was because of FSD and the way they marketed it as if it was ready but just waiting approval which turned out to be false.
Most would disagree that Tesla marketed it as ready. That is why, I believe the case will fail.

What this boils down to is some here feel that this class action is a frivolous claim made by a few owners/lawyers who either did not do their due diligence prior to purchasing or now have buyer's remorse and are too impatient to wait for further AP2 development. All platitudes apply here, "you get what you pay for" (early EAP orders got a $1k discount, early Full auto buyers as well. You could have waited and paid more when AP2 is ready) , "Patience is a virtue" (demanding AP2 to be ready at your will or else sue someone seems irrational, when the tech is reliably safe it will be made available), "what goes around, comes around" (treating others as you would want to be treated yourself, in this case seems to be self-defeating, especially if you are NOT willing to surrender your AP2 car to Tesla immediately if offered the opportunity).
Your inability to escape the way you perceive this is, frankly, astonishing.

If we want to play a psychoanalytical game of attributing beliefs to other people so that our own beliefs are justified, it seems more clear that since you feel left out at having not gotten AP2 hardware, you are cut-off from empathy and are manufacturing convoluted reasoning as a way to assuage your jealousy. That you say the lawsuit is frivolous is nothing more than your schadenfreude at having once felt left-out, but now feeling privileged.

Your inability to escape the way you perceive this is, frankly, astonishing.

If we want to play a psychoanalytical game of attributing beliefs to other people so that our own beliefs are justified, it seems more clear that since you feel left out at having not gotten AP2 hardware, you are cut-off from empathy and are manufacturing convoluted reasoning as a way to assuage your jealousy. That you say the lawsuit is frivolous is nothing more than your schadenfreude at having once felt left-out, but now feeling privileged.
Nice try. I have no regrets/remorse/jealousy for my purchase or lack of AP2. I knew what I was getting when I committed to paying for it.Those who feel cheated by Tesla never really "understood" what they were buying into. Here's another "belief" I can push your way...
"Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency for me" -Tesla

I plan to purchase an AP2 car when FSD is ready and legal. But I will be sure to check the "state of the art" before that happens as well. ;)

Nice try. I have no regrets/remorse/jealousy for my purchase or lack of AP2. I knew what I was getting when I committed to paying for it.Those who feel cheated by Tesla never really "understood" what they were buying into. Here's another "belief" I can push your way...
"Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency for me" -Tesla
I didn't mean to be so clever as to lure you into proving my point, but thank you nonetheless.

• Funny
Reactions: TaoJones
Unbelievable, he/she doesn't even have an AP2 car yet he is calling the lawsuit frivolous?! LOL! Not sure how I missed that important detail. It's easy to be unsympathetic when the problem doesn't effect you.

I'm going to have to start charging you, if you want to keep this up. :)

We haven't even touched upon your Mobile Eye Conspiracy Theory.
I love your sense of self-worth, it is truly motivating! As far as the conspiracy theory goes, you don't pick up on facetiousness well. If you regret paying early for AP2 so much, you have a choice to make if you cannot tolerate driving yourself around; sell your car, hire a chauffeur if you have the means, or try to sue Tesla. Best wishes to you no matter what "road you take" (that was a pun)!:cool:

I love your sense of self-worth, it is truly motivating! As far as the conspiracy theory goes, you don't pick up on facetiousness well. If you regret paying early for AP2 so much, you have a choice to make if you cannot tolerate driving yourself around; sell your car, hire a chauffeur if you have the means, or try to sue Tesla. Best wishes to you no matter what "road you take" (that was a pun)!:cool:
People can feel misled about HW2 and still like the fact their car is electric, fits many of other other needs, and is fun to drive. The latter are independent of the former.

Only an idiot or a troll would fail to understand this.

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand