Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaked email - plans for 6000/wk by June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

As far as I understand it those are people hired by temp agencies. So they work like regular Tesla employed workforce, but get their paychecks from the temp agency, which get's it's money from Tesla.

In general I'd applaud Tesla if they let go of the temp agency, there are lot's of negative reports about companies temp agencies, even at Tesla, where those companies seem to not pay overtime and other shady business. But then the logical next step would be hiring people themselves and treating them like real employees.

I just hope they don't just hire new contractors and use this to make the future workforce fear for their job. Social responsibility is important, too.

As far as I understand it those are people hired by temp agencies. So they work like regular Tesla employed workforce, but get their paychecks from the temp agency, which get's it's money from Tesla.

In general I'd applaud Tesla if they let go of the temp agency, there are lot's of negative reports about companies temp agencies, even at Tesla, where those companies seem to not pay overtime and other shady business. But then the logical next step would be hiring people themselves and treating them like real employees.

I just hope they don't just hire new contractors and use this to make the future workforce fear for their job. Social responsibility is important, too.

They said they are going to hire 400 people per week for a while, I assume that is direct.
Tesla Model 3 production aims for 6,000 units per week in June after upgrade in May – ~5,000 with margin of error, says Elon Musk

That would be great. I guess we will see how Tesla handles this. I do expect those contractors are doing some job right now, that will have to be done by someone else after they fire the contractor. So they will have to hire a lot of people very quickly.

I don't know how it works in the US, but I think the contractors will still be payed by the temp agencies, even if they don't work for Tesla anymore, so I don't feel too bad for them. So if Tesla just replaces contractors with regular employees I'm all for it.

The firing of the pro union workers left a bad taste, but they could make it up with this move, even if it looks brutal at first glance.

That would be great. I guess we will see how Tesla handles this. I do expect those contractors are doing some job right now, that will have to be done by someone else after they fire the contractor. So they will have to hire a lot of people very quickly.

I don't know how it works in the US, but I think the contractors will still be payed by the temp agencies, even if they don't work for Tesla anymore, so I don't feel too bad for them. So if Tesla just replaces contractors with regular employees I'm all for it.

The firing of the pro union workers left a bad taste, but they could make it up with this move, even if it looks brutal at first glance.

Some were good, which should be covered by the employees vouching. Others may be in the 'drunken sloth' camp.

I don't know of any temp agency that pays workers to loaf around at home waiting on the next gig.

Some were good, which should be covered by the employees vouching. Others may be in the 'drunken sloth' camp.
I don't think many people on the factory floor will vouch for their temp agency colleagues, even if they do a good job. The engineers will surely vouch for their consultants, but they are in a different position.
I don't know of any temp agency that pays workers to loaf around at home waiting on the next gig.
I'm not an expert on work law in the US, but in Germany they will have to continue to pay them. They signed an employment contract.

It seems like the line supervisor would.

Well, why wouldn't he fire them, if he knows they did a bad job? Actually I'm not even sure how any line manager could not vouch for all of the people working on the line. He/she hired them and he/she should fire them, if they are drunk sloths.

Now that I think of it, maybe Tesla should take a look at all managers that don't vouch for all their personell... that would be a clever twist!

Well, why wouldn't he fire them, if he knows they did a bad job? Actually I'm not even sure how any line manager could not vouch for all of the people working on the line. He/she hired them and he/she should fire them, if they are drunk sloths.

Now that I think of it, maybe Tesla should take a look at all managers that don't vouch for all their personell... that would be a clever twist!

It may be middle management of the contracting agency (the nesting dolls) Even if it is line workers, Tesla supervisors may not have firing ability over contract employees.