Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leather wrinkling after 3 days??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He only noted it on the delivery form noting it was there on pickup. He did say they could steam it to tighten it up. I have a friend that upholster old restored car. Gonna check with him about this issue.
IMG_0561.JPG

Just got SC technician feedback for my loose leather issue. Was told within comparable range of other MX with leather trim. Not sure if they are going to steam or not. Definitely a bit disappointing relative to leather seats from other manufacturers. Loose and uneven rather than tight and plush. Tan leather fit and finish currently not on par with the vegan white.

• Informative
Reactions: bradjc
My Model S had grey next-gen seats - no wrinkling in 43k km - but I test-drove an X with only 4k km on it and the tan seats were full of wrinkles. I don't know of any Model S owners who have wrinkles.

Another reason I went with the ultra white seats... they seem to hold out better than leather and they are sooooo soft!

Has anyone had issues with leather seat wrinkles so soon after delivery. I am a 75d owner. Just got my car 3 weeks ago.
The first photo you posted showing your seat wrinkles is very surprising, and I agree it is unacceptable.
My Model S had grey next-gen seats - no wrinkling in 43k km - but I test-drove an X with only 4k km on it and the tan seats were full of wrinkles. I don't know of any Model S owners who have wrinkles.
I have the "first generation" grey leather seats in my now "classic" S and the seat bases started to show wrinkles within a few weeks after taking delivery. I was disappointed but noted that all the cars at that time had the same issue. I have only rarely noticed the same issue in the "Next Gen" leather seats I've seen in other cars.
Another reason I went with the ultra white seats... they seem to hold out better than leather and they are sooooo soft!
Yes I really like that seat material I just wish Tesla offered it in other colors as well.

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Yup. I noticed the same thing after 400 mile road trip. Since they borrowed some Mercedes parts for the interior they should've asked them who supplied the leather for their seats. ;-) Benz leather holds up really well in my experience

The thing that bothers me the most is that the trim is already getting destroyed on the inside of the B pillar. This will only be an issue with taller drivers since the seat sits back farther and they rub on the inside of the B pillar when entering and exiting the car

I had this early on on my car also. The service center had a vinyl repair guy repair it, and ever since then I put my butt in first, and then slide my feet in rather than trying to enter with my foott in the foot well. That way my butt doesn't hit the B pillar. It is still perfect after nearly a year now.

My new p100 had a large crease in drivers seat leather with 10 miles on it. I would have said something but the last 2 new model x's I've had in my possession both had similar creases.

Sounds like a defect in the material or the way it is made. It does look loose but leather stretches obviously. Perhaps they need to make it tighter? As mentioned other cars look to have a similar pattern for their seat construction - but don't stretch out like this.

I think that's right. I was told by SC that it was how the leather in the seats were currently being made and that even the black was different than the tan.

For those considering ordering and have pet peeves with seat smoothness and uniformity then you should probably look at the ultra white, PUP perforated leather, or multi textile. SC informed me they have many less issues with those selections. I likely would still have gone with my nonPUP tan leather but definitely would have thought about it longer...

I have PUP with tan leather, and I have some wrinkling. I personally think its normal. I mean my leather wallet, my leather shoes, my leather belt, my leather in my other cars all have some degree of wrinkling. This is the only car that I think has real leather, so even more so for it to wrinkle. Oh.. and my wife's purse.. also leather.. wrinkles.

After a few days these creases became very obvious. They were slightly there before even taking delivery. :eek:

Anyone get this fixed? I'm concerned with the safety of having any service center mess with replacing factory installed seats.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    969 KB · Views: 92
Identical here, already had signs of wrinkling at delivery, had them take note of it but left it for now. I don't want to mess with the seats, the leather is very soft and flexible due to the perforation. My Porsche has the soft leather option and that wrinkled even more.
Sign that it is used...

Very disappointed in my tan leather seats and had the DS to note this on my delivery sheet. I told him this is not acceptable for a $116,000 auto.

Wow, I have Tan non-PUP delivered Dec 24, and been having this issue since the first week. exactly the same. Not only that, it seems like there are some blue stains from my jeans, and they aren't even new jeans. they've been worn and washed many times before.

Coming from a MB C class with 50k miles on it. Those seats from my MB were still immaculate when i traded in, much better condition than these seats at 1000 miles...