TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Leave X unlocked at certain GPS points?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Finn 2741, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Finn 2741

Finn 2741 New Member

id like to leave the x unlocked when it is parked in my garage, so I can grab things from the car without needing the key. Is there a way to disable auto locking based on GPS point?

2. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

I love this idea. But I don't think it currently is available.
    It still drives me bonkers that I have to click the door handle in once to unlock it before I can unplug the car.
    The fob within a certain proximity to the car should just unlock the car. Even when parked at a public place and not charging, I need to push the door handle in once to unlock and a second time to open the door.
    My fob is usually in a bag or when my wife takes the car in her purse so unlocking as we approach from the fob is even more time consuming.

• Informative x 1
  3. llngoc

llngoc Member

LOL, I have been wanting this for the past two years. Tired of running around the house to look for the iPhone or the key fob.

4. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Yeah what we need is key fobs that can be injected into human body and connect to our neurons. So when you think of opening the car, the proximity and the thought open the car. EM talked about injectable AI recently at the RECODE..something like this:
    https://cml.harvard.edu/assets/ScienceDaily.pdf

5. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Just go subdermal RFID tags implanted in the arm near the hand. Just wave your hand near the car and voila! Of course, Tesla will have to first install an RFID scanner in the vehicle.