TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Led in tail light out.

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sheltz32tt, Jul 13, 2016.

1. sheltz32tt

sheltz32tt New Member

Does anyone know if the individual bulbs can be replaced in the tail light? The one out is on the passenger side, mounted in the trunk deck. I searched and couldnt find an answer.

Also anyone have an issue with a license plate bulb going out/ losing connection? I noticed one was out on my car (passenger side) figured would be a good time to replace both with the led bulbs. The passenger side would flash every once and a while but the bulb will not stay on. Seems like a bad connection/contact somewhere,

2. hybridbear

hybridbear Member

Can't it be fixed under warranty? Pictures of the issues?

3. sheltz32tt

sheltz32tt New Member

Car has 83k on it, so no more warrant. 1468798180568-1509875435.jpg

4. jelloslug

jelloslug Member

I would imagine that it's bad solder joint on the board.

5. hybridbear

hybridbear Member

That stinks that you're out of warranty. I hope it's not an expensive repair. Please let us know how it goes.

6. Polly Wog

Polly Wog Member

I shared this once before in a similar thread, but each tail light module is a separate unit. You won't be able to replace individual bad lights (unless you are an electronics hobbyist with proficient skills :)).

Attached Files:

7. jelloslug

jelloslug Member

I had the LED 3rd brake light fail on a Civic that I used to have. It turned out that one of the solder joints had vibrated and cracked. I bet if you crack it open you can find the fault and fix it yourself.