Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED to HID adapter Model S 2012-2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• hid-led-kit.jpg
    hid-led-kit.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 561
So dont the new LED headlights rotate when going around a curve? if you downgrade with this option to a LED set up will this still work?
I would rather do a black out and upgrade the HID then switch to LED. I then dont loose the brighter DRL. The new DRL's you can barely see during the day. But to each his or her own.

So dont the new LED headlights rotate when going around a curve? if you downgrade with this option to a LED set up will this still work?
I would rather do a black out and upgrade the HID then switch to LED. I then dont loose the brighter DRL. The new DRL's you can barely see during the day. But to each his or her own.
The new headlights do not rotate. Lights will illuminate in the direction you turn the wheel but headlight stays in the same place.

They don't rotate, they just have a few extra LED lamps that turn on based on steering angle. They won't work with this, the signal isn't sent to your headlights unless you have tesla reprogram your car (and if you do that you don't need this)

Are you sure about this? I thought the refresh panels (front quarter panels, bumper cover & hood) wouldn't fit a pre-fresh car unless you also swapped out the HID headlight housings for the newer LED style that was a little bit slimmer. This would also mean the same in reverse that you couldn't simply swap the HID housings for the LED housings w/o also changing those body panels.