Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED to HID adapter Model S 2012-2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LED – HID emulator for TESLA MODEL S – (2012 – 2016.06)

With that EMULATOR You can connect LED (New face headlights) to old Tesla Model S with HID lights.

Emulator job make analog inputs to digital and send to LED headlamp.

Tesla Model S Led to Hid emulator, adapter, Connect Led Headlight To 2012-2017 | eBay

499$ (PayPal or Venmo)
Hi I purchased this kit but for some reason it won’t power up is there any reason but if I plug the regular plug direct into my new led headlight it works also where are you tapping into to get power .
LED – HID emulator for TESLA MODEL S – (2012 – 2016.06)

With that EMULATOR You can connect LED (New face headlights) to old Tesla Model S with HID lights.

Emulator job make analog inputs to digital and send to LED headlamp.

Tesla Model S Led to Hid emulator, adapter, Connect Led Headlight To 2012-2017 | eBay

499$ (PayPal or Venmo)
hi where did you tap into to get power to the headlight

What does this module really do?
My understanding is you can plug in led directly to the harness but the car won't recognize it and so it will have error pop up saying your bulb is bad or something?
Then doesn't this module actually just mimic the ballast so the car recognized it as hid?
Pretty dumb and expensive if that's all it does.

What does this module really do?
My understanding is you can plug in led directly to the harness but the car won't recognize it and so it will have error pop up saying your bulb is bad or something?
Then doesn't this module actually just mimic the ballast so the car recognized it as hid?
Pretty dumb and expensive if that's all it does.

This is NOT for installing an LED bulb in the older style Model S HID/Halogen projector headlights. These modules allow you to replace your entire HID/Halogen based headlights with the newer 2016.5-2021 Model S LED headlights. The newer headlights use LINBUS signals to function, the older cars only use basic 12v to power the headlights, DRLs, etc. These modules take the 12v outputs from the headlight connector and convert them into a usable LINBUS signal for the new headlights to work in older cars. Still very expensive for what it is imo.

This is NOT for installing an LED bulb in the older style Model S HID/Halogen projector headlights. These modules allow you to replace your entire HID/Halogen based headlights with the newer 2016.5-2021 Model S LED headlights. The newer headlights use LINBUS signals to function, the older cars only use basic 12v to power the headlights, DRLs, etc. These modules take the 12v outputs from the headlight connector and convert them into a usable LINBUS signal for the new headlights to work in older cars. Still very expensive for what it is imo.
I understand, and that's exactly what I want to do. I want to replace my HID headlight with LED headlights (2nd gen).
What does this module do is the question I had. What is LINBUS signal? If there's a spec I might be able to make one myself. It's all just 0s and 1s at the end.

I understand, and that's exactly what I want to do. I want to replace my HID headlight with LED headlights (2nd gen).
What does this module do is the question I had. What is LINBUS signal? If there's a spec I might be able to make one myself. It's all just 0s and 1s at the end.
LINBUS is a cheaper alternative to CANBUS and much easier to work with. You would have to sniff/decode the LIN module from a face-lift car and then program a chip (Arduino?) to emulate the LIN signals to the LED headlight based on 12v from the older headlight plug. I don't believe there's any write-ups posted with the LINBUS details because those who have successfully decoded and implemented it have turned that into business.

If you are down in OC area, we can do native retrofit in 1 day without the need of any adapters.