Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Leno Segment With Tesla Cybertruck Offers New Looks, Little News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jay Leno’s up-close look at the Cybertruck was released Wednesday, but the segment didn’t offer many new details about Tesla’s electric pickup slated for production next year.

“Do you want your truck to bulletproof or not?” Musk asked Leno, touting one of the truck’s features.

“I guess want my truck to be bulletproof, sure,” Leno replied.

Musk explained that level of toughness is part of an effort to “be a leader in apocalypse technology.”

The most notable news from the interview is that the production version of the Cybertruck will likely receive a 5 percent overall reduction in size.

Leno and Musk also drive the Cybertruck through the Boring Company tunnel in Los Angeles, with the Cybertruck barely fitting in the elevator to lift the vehicle back to street level.

Check out the full segment above.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure that the 5% reduction in size isn't going to happen, after all. From what I've read, the designers took another look at it and decided to leave it, as is. There's always the potential for a smaller truck to be released in the future. The Cybertruck will be tough enough to sit outside in the elements if it is too big to fit in the garage ;)

I'm pretty sure that the 5% reduction in size isn't going to happen, after all. From what I've read, the designers took another look at it and decided to leave it, as is. There's always the potential for a smaller truck to be released in the future. The Cybertruck will be tough enough to sit outside in the elements if it is too big to fit in the garage ;)

Correct about the 5% not happening. Here’s an article about it.

Elon Musk: the Tesla Cybertruck isn’t getting any smaller – TechCrunch

Jay Leno’s up-close look at the Cybertruck was released Wednesday, but the segment didn’t offer many new details about Tesla’s electric pickup slated for production next year. “Do you want your truck to bulletproof or not?” Musk asked Leno, touting one of the truck’s features. “I guess want my truck to be bulletproof, sure,” Leno...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/05/28/leno-segment-with-tesla-cybertruck-offers-new-looks-little-news/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]
Where does the trailer hitch go?

Yep - what he said.
It’s nearly the exact size as an F150 Supercrew but with much more interior and bed volume. You must not be in the market for a full size crew cab pickup which, like it or not is, what the cybertruck is. They will eventually make a smaller one but it would be unwise to make a midsize pickup as your first entry into the pickup market, you would not gain traction and get laughed at by most pickup buyers.

I'm personally glad that Elon doesn't want to compromise what he feels the CT was initially designed for: a truck with a full-size bed that will carry 6 passengers, comfortably. Tesla will most likely produce a smaller truck in the future, for those who are looking for it. I do understand that many will want something that will fit in a garage, but a typical 16 foot wide garage door really isn't big enough for a full-size truck and another non-compact vehicle anyway.

Cybertruck will fit fine in my garage, beside my Smart Fortwo electric. Our Model S fits with a few feet to spare on all sides, and if the truck doesn't fit initially, a saw to open up the back wall and some reinforcement with a "bump out" will solve the problem... looking forward to whatever I need to do to get this bad boy in my hands!!