Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let’s talk alloy wheels

Dec 31, 2020
Glasgow

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Someone put up a picture recently of a Glasgow based powder coat, somewhere based near Springfield Quay. I planned to look around there but would prefer to go with a recommendation. Have you used them before and if so got any prices / pictures? Thanks.
I used them on my last car, a 5 series BMW. Was really happy with the result and I couldn't see any imperfections.

IIRC they were about £80 per corner for 18" wheels. Took about 5 hours to complete, waiting around in Hamilton for the duration wasn't great though so if you can make it back home by other means that would be a good idea.

They may not be setup to with the correct lifting pucks for a Tesla though so suggest getting a set of those before you visit.

Dec 31, 2020
Glasgow
One of the guys had posted pics of his alloys in black finish and they looked much better. I think it hides that wheelcap style finish much better

I think its the guy from Glasgow who recommended a place local. 100%, it makes so much sense now that they are going for black instead of chrome on the car. If you check the US model Y out the alloy options are black as well.

Reactions: Tranceporter
Jan 10, 2021
Andover
Moderator comment - thread merged from "Looking for new wheels..."

Hey guys,

Im looking to see if there is anywhere in the UK that sells 19 or 20inch wheels for the Model 3.

Ideally I’d like the previous generation 19 or 20 inch official Tesla wheels. Does anywhere sell them?

Also, I’ve got a SR+, I’m assuming 20inch wheels would be okay? (I’m aware it’ll affect range).

Thanks for helping!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yachtsman

Sep 5, 2020
Staffordshire
Hey guys,

Im looking to see if there is anywhere in the UK that sells 19 or 20inch wheels for the Model 3.

Ideally I’d like the previous generation 19 or 20 inch official Tesla wheels. Does anywhere sell them?

Also, I’ve got a SR+, I’m assuming 20inch wheels would be okay? (I’m aware it’ll affect range).

Thanks for helping!
Hey guys,

Thanks for helping!

Try. tsportline.com

M3noob

Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2019
Beyond the pale
Hey guys,

Thanks for helping!

Borbet as I said before. BLX pics on my 3 here previously.

pgkevet

Jul 1, 2019
mid wales
Have you tried scrap yards? Someone must have written an M3 off by now and those scrappy chappies have a network between them. Wheels can always be refurbed...well if they're in one piece each anyway...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC