Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's Talk Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who installed a screen protector, are they worth it? I’m on the fence on getting one...and I don’t know if i should go matte or hd clear. I;m almost inclined to just clean my screen every so often with a micro fiber cloth... unless the screen protectors really make that much of a difference, thanks in advance
Another reason for getting a matte screen protector is to reduce glare and reflections from the screen.

I think it's a tradeoff. The matte does take away from the shine and "clean" look of the screen but it is harder to see finderprints and does take away the glare (from what little I've driven) I may get a tempered glass non-matte eventually to test out. More protection with the clean look at the trade off of easy glare and fingerprints.

I bought the following accessories from Abstract Ocean:
Model Y - Page 1 - Abstract Ocean

1) Tempered Glass Screen Protector (HD clear gen 3)
2) LED “T” Puddle Lights (pair for front doors)
3) Center Console Shell (satin carbon fiber)
4) Charging Port Wrap (black carbon fiber)

Overall AO quality is very high and the accessories look great, although IMHO they are a bit over-priced. Feel free to use this link (Accessorize your Tesla!) to get a $10 discount.

The screen protector costs much more than others on Amazon, however the plastic snap-on installation guide makes it so easy to put on that it’s worth it. The console shell and puddle lights were extreme easy to install and really enhance the look of my MY. The charging port wrap looks good too, but was a bit tricky to install and left a 2mm uncovered gap along the right side.Feel free to ask me questions if you would like more info about any of these accessories.

I also bought the following two items on Amazon:
1) Anker 4-port 3.0 USB ultra slim data hub
2) Sandisk 64GB iXpand 3.0 USB mini flash drive stick (has lighting connector for easy dashcam viewing on iPhone)

In addition, I bought the following two items from the Tesla store:
1) Homelink kit
2) 14-50 Gen 2 NEMA Connector

Accessories I’m still looking for include:
1) All-Weather mats (for front seating area)
2) Front door sill decorative covers (or clear protectors)
3) Bright LED light replacement for trunk liftgate light

Hope this helps and interested to hear what other cool accessories others have found.

:

Hope this helps and interested to hear what other cool accessories others have found.

The front door sill protectors out there are the same size and they actually fit. But after I installed it I was little disappointed because they're glossy and you can't see the model y logo. EV wraps is sending me a matte one for me to install. I'd be happy to upload some pictures here after installation.

Last edited:
I just installed the center console wrap form EV wraps and it looks great. I messed up the middle part but they sent me a replacement immediately. I am waiting for those all weather mats to show up.

tes.jpg

Has anyone seen where someone has posted that the ubiquitous $20-30 mudflaps for M3 work on MY? I was not planning to PPF my car but think this is a worthwhile upgrade and an easy install. So far I have only added a USB adapter/microSD for Teslacam but will get the Maxpiders when they are out and am thinking about one of the carbon fiber look shell kits for the dash and center console. I saw one for the dash that looked easy to install and was only about $50 but they made it in two pieces for ease of shipping and I thought I would wait for somone else to make the same in one piece of comparable quality.

Has anyone seen where someone has posted that the ubiquitous $20-30 mudflaps for M3 work on MY? I was not planning to PPF my car but think this is a worthwhile upgrade and an easy install. So far I have only added a USB adapter/microSD for Teslacam but will get the Maxpiders when they are out and am thinking about one of the carbon fiber look shell kits for the dash and center console. I saw one for the dash that looked easy to install and was only about $50 but they made it in two pieces for ease of shipping and I thought I would wait for somone else to make the same in one piece of comparable quality.
I think rpm Tesla sells dash covers in 1 piece

I saw that one at RPM Tesla but this one on Amazon gets great reviews at less than half the price and is available in matte finish right now. I'm assuming the construction cost is no different in one piece or two but it would cost more to ship and account for shipping damage if sold in one piece. I'll wait to see what comes out.

https://www.amazon.com/LMZX-Interio...3+carbon+fiber+dash+cap&qid=1587044625&sr=8-1
Ah ok... yea could be worth the cost but that gap behind the screen would bother me

So helpful!! Thank you!

You've probably seen this for floor mats: Tesla Model Y - MAXpider Rubber Floor Mats [Covers Front & Rear, Black] MAX234838

Hey everyone,

I'm sure like many, after ordering, I immediately went to look up what accessories i'd want for the car. Bought a few to prematurely (Wireless charging pad and Hub) but was able to recoup most of the cost back. After taking delivery last week, I put together a list and acquired most of what I wanted:

Interior
- Screen Protector - Thinner than expected but works well.
- Portable Air Compressor
- Tire Repair Kit
- First Aid Kit - Wanted the Tesla One but this was much more economical.
- Hidden Armrest Compartment
- USB Hub - I may upgrade to Taptes once they have them readily available.
- White Cup-Console Liners
- Console Organizer Tray - Found white on Ebay
- XBox One Controller - Has to be wired with USB Micro unfortunately, Wireless doesn't work.

Wraps
- EV Wraps - Got the Spread - Dash Trim, Center Console, Decals, Front Door Trim, Door handles, Charge Port, and steering wheel. They were great and easy to work with. Some stuff still incoming so i'll be confirming size, fit, and finish. Although, the plastic cover options out there look great as well.
View attachment 528930

Wish List:
- All Weather Floor Mats
- Back seat protector/waste pocket
- Motorized Frunk
- Rear Matte Black Spoiler
- Cup holder upgrade

Hope the links/list help anyone else that's been looking. The great part is that the tire/aid kits kit in the shallow trunk space. What's everyone else plan on doing? Anything I may be missing out on above?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I plan to order those MAXpider floor mats when they are released. I suggest submitting your email address for the “back in stock” notification. Their response indicates that they’ll provide a status update in early May.

Attachments

• DF02DA66-1D56-4E9E-9B2D-396A1F1909C3.png
    DF02DA66-1D56-4E9E-9B2D-396A1F1909C3.png
    609.5 KB · Views: 53
I bought the following accessories from Abstract Ocean:
Model Y - Page 1 - Abstract Ocean

1) Tempered Glass Screen Protector (HD clear gen 3)
2) LED “T” Puddle Lights (pair for front doors)
3) Center Console Shell (satin carbon fiber)
4) Charging Port Wrap (black carbon fiber)

Overall AO quality is very high and the accessories look great, although IMHO they are a bit over-priced. Feel free to use this link (Accessorize your Tesla!) to get a $10 discount.

The screen protector costs much more than others on Amazon, however the plastic snap-on installation guide makes it so easy to put on that it’s worth it. The console shell and puddle lights were extreme easy to install and really enhance the look of my MY. The charging port wrap looks good too, but was a bit tricky to install and left a 2mm uncovered gap along the right side.Feel free to ask me questions if you would like more info about any of these accessories.

I also bought the following two items on Amazon:
1) Anker 4-port 3.0 USB ultra slim data hub
2) Sandisk 64GB iXpand 3.0 USB mini flash drive stick (has lighting connector for easy dashcam viewing on iPhone)

In addition, I bought the following two items from the Tesla store:
1) Homelink kit
2) 14-50 Gen 2 NEMA Connector

can you explain the benefit of the lightning connector thumb drive. Didn’t the software improve so that you can watch footage easier? Choosing between that and a Samsung SSD. Thx!

can you explain the benefit of the lightning connector thumb drive. Didn’t the software improve so that you can watch footage easier? Choosing between that and a Samsung SSD. Thx!
I bought the thumb drive with a lightning connector before the Tesla dashboard viewing software was released. It still could be used to view videos directly on an iPhone since the dashcam viewer still has some bugs, but definitely not as urgent to buy nowadays. Others on this forum like using an SSD drive or SD card.

On an unrelated note, I recently bought an Echo Auto from Amazon to add to my accessory list. Although it occasionally has issues connecting to the network, I really like it for using voice commands to access XM radio and Audible books from my phone.