Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lets talk mud flaps, spot welded nuts and loose bolts (also why every Model Y owner needs mud flaps)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this is ours, send me your order number and I will send you a brand new set ASAP! (Good thing we have a lifetime guarantee).
If this is ours, send me your order number and I will send you a brand new set ASAP! (Good thing we have a lifetime guarantee).
The thing is I don’t think it is your flaps it’s the design defect of the vehicle. I tried 2 sets of flaps from my companies.

Last edited:
Can you show pictures from the side and front angle? That is where most flaps fail to look good.
D75AA424-F8D2-4982-BD19-64CC9B77E166.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I would say yes mainly because they do not require the rear bolt to be removed or unscrewed but if I could only just somehow figure out how to make sure the right front flap stays flush against the fender I would be in business.

I saw this video and found it interesting to see the differences between two models of mudflaps. I like the idea of the metal clip to ensure a secure fit on the fronts.

If the rear bolt needs to be removed I wouldn’t want that.

I will say that the bolt came out easily and was easy to just finger to rethread.

That was easier than digging out the plastic pop up holdy (TM) things.

The biggest con was the rears don't have metal clips, and I didn't use the included screws because I didn't want to create new holes. (Strangely the screws where only for the Y and they didn't have that on the 3)

• Helpful
Reactions: ucsdsig
I will say that the bolt came out easily and was easy to just finger to rethread.

That was easier than digging out the plastic pop up holdy (TM) things.

The biggest con was the rears don't have metal clips, and I didn't use the included screws because I didn't want to create new holes. (Strangely the screws where only for the Y and they didn't have that on the 3)
Crap I’m opposed to screws also. Damn and those look cool too!

Reactions: dduffey
Hmmm. Reading this thread and a bit confused as my MYLR that arrived last week came with front mud flaps. Wondering if earlier deliveries did not or if the factory installed flaps are not sufficient 🤷‍♂️
It seems to be hit or miss on if they are actually included. Some people also prefer matching front/rear, though I believe the OEM ones are the better performing option

Reactions: JimmySure
I purchased the front Tesla mud flaps, and since nobody makes flaps just for the rear I picked up a cheap set of mud flaps on amazon to provide rear mud flaps. I hated the look of them, so I did this:

View attachment 698799View attachment 698800View attachment 698801View attachment 698803View attachment 698804View attachment 698805

I think it looks pretty good :)

Keith
I don’t get what you did exactly? Can we various angles lod your vehicle looks with the Tesla front flaps and those rears that you installed?

I don’t get what you did exactly? Can we various angles lod your vehicle looks with the Tesla front flaps and those rears that you installed?

The front of the rear mud flaps (the part that faces the tire) is a scoop, rather than being a flat peice of plastic, I covered the cavities in the mud flap with a layer of black vinyl wrap.

Keith

PS: Washed that dirty assed car after taking the pictures :D

My Model Y w/Tesla mud flaps installed looks just like the Model Y in Post #31 except mine is white and I have not removed the Gemini wheel covers. To me the Model Y looks quirky because from the rear it reminds me of the Saab 92B

Saab story: The five quirky cars that make us miss Saab
Has anyone tried to install the front Tesla flaps in the rear? Might be a dumb question, but I’ll ask anyway.