Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
228wh-mi@16138.jpg

LR RWD w/Aeros and stock MXM4 tires received July 2018. Driven to Tahoe once (July 2019), Disneyland once (Oct 2018), San Francisco 4 to 5 times and multiple trips over the hill to Santa Cruz. Majority of the remaining mileage was commuting to work (14 miles one way) along stop-and-go highway and city streets. Driving style is generally smash on the pedal when getting onto the highway and cruise at least 5mph over the limit. Not too many jack rabbit starts but when I'm first off the line, I'm ahead of everyone else. Coast to stop lights in order to get maximum regen; new Hold mode is great for true one-pedal driving. I'd say average usage of A/C during the summers (66 to 68 degrees) and a combination of seat heater and heater (75 to 76) during the winter.

Charging has been done with a mixture of ChargePoint L2 and DC Fast stations, along with Supercharger sessions, if that makes any difference. Charging usually initiated when SOC reaches 50% or slightly lower. Unless I'm planning a long trip, charging is limited to 80-90%. Recent check of 100% range is 301 miles (using the latest version of the Tesla app), down from the initial 310 and then the OTA boost earlier this year which made mine go to 323 miles for only a couple of months.

how the heck are you guys running so efficiently??...I have LR dual motor and I am at 325 wh/mi at 8K miles...I am running 20 inch wheels though...I dont drive super fast but not slow either...I appear to have the worst efficiency on here lol.

Some people just have OCD.

I have a June 2019 model 3 performance 20 inch rims and my lifetime is about 300 wh/mi

I don’t push it much by my miles are mainly highway (101 & 405) on autopilot.

Just a PSA.
A few months ago the SC replaced the computer on our M3 RWD for a communication issue. (Not an upgrade to FSD/3.0)
Things did not go as planned. The restore from the backup of the original computer failed. Likely corrupt...
Lost all settings, trip data (lifetime WPM)
Previous and Favorite Destinations. Driver Profiles...:(:(:(
Slacker, Tune in... seemed unaffected though. (In the cloud?)
A real drag.
My MS100D goes in for the FSD/3.0 upgrade next week.
I’m going to take photos of as much as I can to memorize destinations, settings & trio data prior to the appointment.

16k miles 9/2018 delivery. So far I’m at 312wh/mile. Last winter I ended up at ~330wh/mile on my 19” winter setup. Over this past spring/summer/fall I avg 290 wh/mile on my 20” staggered summer setup. My daily commute is 45 miles round trip, 90% highway, usually at 70mph.

how the heck are you guys running so efficiently??...I have LR dual motor and I am at 325 wh/mi at 8K miles...I am running 20 inch wheels though...I dont drive super fast but not slow either...I appear to have the worst efficiency on here lol.

The RWD vehicles can be extremely efficient when driven conservatively. The AWD vehicles not so much.

The RWD vehicles can be extremely efficient when driven conservatively. The AWD vehicles not so much.
Especially with the 18" Aero wheels. I do not have lifetime but 2019 is at 251 W/mile over 15,000 miles. And that incudes 1000 miles towing our trailer which kills the range. Basically about 500 watts/mile when towing our Aliner popup. Don't think I will be doing that any more.

Just wanted to share how efficient the model 3 is and see what other owners have been getting for lifetime Wh/mi. I've been averaging 240 Wh/mi since I've taken delivery of the car and that includes some spirited driving.View attachment 277427
After 750 miles mostly in town without AC or Heat I am at 187. I do tend to drive very conservatively and enjoy the challenge of achieving the lowest possible Wh/mile.

Reactions: garth_angst
My post above was in May. It's now early September, on the other side of the seasonal curve relative to the summer solstice. Round trips are averaging lower than May, around 165 Wh/mi. Lifetime average has dropped to 189 Wh/mi. I'm anticipating that it won't drop much more as "Winter is coming." It will likely start to go up quite a bit with heater use.

As I mentioned before, managing HVAC manually improves efficiency quite a bit, as the car constantly runs the A/C compressor even if it's comfortable outside. This time of year (Spring and Fall) are perfect times to restrict the car's A/C and heater use. Since there's no explicit way to put the settings on "fan only," you just set your set point temps accordingly.
I think you can.......turn on and go to the s/c screen and tap on the blue a/c button to turn off air......you can then adjust fan only...work for me.....

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
LR RWD (11/2018) 18” aero without caps. 19k miles - 216 Wh/mi

100 mile daily commute in SoCal. Morning consumptions are usually higher (>250Wh/mi) due to cooler temps and higher speeds. Coming back home, it’s usually 180-200 Wh/mi due to LA traffic.