Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model Y Owners: Report!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was planning on getting the MPP lift kit and recommended rear camber arms to give my incoming MYLR a little better ground clearance and higher seat height. I got a reasonable quote from a Tesla-competent shop to install it, but they said that the owner of the last MY they installed this kit on was unhappy with the increased body roll.

Any feedback on body roll among those who have done the lift kit? I’m not overly concerned about it - I’d prefer a slightly higher view of the road and better ground clearance over a super tight ride, but just want to make sure I’m not doing something I’d regret.

I was planning on getting the MPP lift kit and recommended rear camber arms to give my incoming MYLR a little better ground clearance and higher seat height. I got a reasonable quote from a Tesla-competent shop to install it, but they said that the owner of the last MY they installed this kit on was unhappy with the increased body roll.

Any feedback on body roll among those who have done the lift kit? I’m not overly concerned about it - I’d prefer a slightly higher view of the road and better ground clearance over a super tight ride, but just want to make sure I’m not doing something I’d regret.
That's the setup I have. I don't notice significantly more body roll. I need all the clearance i can get and after almost a year I have no regrets. I have switched to 29 inch tires now for even more lift, and although I haven't put very many miles on this setup, so far I love it.

I want more SUV than race car.

If you're looking to track your Y don't do it.. if you're looking for ground clearance and you're not BB

As other poster has stated it's not meant to be a track car imo.. there's slightly more body roll but still better than 90% of most cars plus the ground clearance is definitely worth it.. I feel like the MPP lift should have been stock on the Y... Who's dragging 7 seaters to the track???

I just got my 502 method rims and tried installing these TPMS and they fit good....not sure what people were talking about here...may be they used wrong cheap ones lol
The B OEM versions with the 502 method rims didn't work for me without a minor addition. Definitely not the cheap option, but I expected it to work with no dramas as shipping is very expensive to Australia.

So I did my first ride after installing 18" wheels and Toyo 255/55/18. I couldn't compare with stock as I only drove stock tires for 15 miles to get to the tire shop. I'm getting around 200 miles of range with dirt bike on a hitch carrier. Not bad but I'm curious what range everyone is getting after this setup?
I already bought MPP lift kit and camber to install in a few days .. I was anxious if the range will go down significantly more?

So I did my first ride after installing 18" wheels and Toyo 255/55/18. I couldn't compare with stock as I only drove stock tires for 15 miles to get to the tire shop. I'm getting around 200 miles of range with dirt bike on a hitch carrier. Not bad but I'm curious what range everyone is getting after this setup?
I already bought MPP lift kit and camber to install in a few days .. I was anxious if the range will go down significantly more?
my lifetime average is about 270wh/mi over 40k miles.. i got the MPP lift as soon as i got the car

Reactions: lonsomecrow
Wow...I'm only getting 200...i must doing something wrong! its 2023 MY Long Range
a lot of that average is city driving.. here i am averaging 337 doing ~80 mph in the mountains:

1684256657493.png

Attachments

• 1684256568195.png
    1684256568195.png
    761.6 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: TuMadre1337

@Rogue Synapse Did that person have upgraded coilovers? Stock suspension doesn't handle very well in the first place.

Raising the height of any vehicle is going to change the handling feel to some extent. Some tradeoff there is to be expected I think, and the stock suspension doesn't handle very well in the first place.

On the upside, there is a lot of potential for improvement with just upgraded dampers and springs, since the stock setup is so mediocre. The feeling of a taller car will still be there if you lift, but a better controlled suspension should go a long ways towards giving a much better tradeoff overall. If you're concerned about handling, I think you should upgrade the suspension.

(I'm actually a Model 3 and S owner, but I've driven Model Y's, and I sometimes catch up on this thread because I still daydream about raising my 3 someday. I really like sporty handling though, so for now my compromise has been upgraded coilovers set at stock height...but there are times some extra clearance would be useful.)

Anyone here done this to an AWD Model Y?
Will give plenty of ground clearance for off-roading
Did you stick with 19" wheels or change to 18"? It seems like 19" wheels are an odd size for all terrain tires - a lot more options for 18"

I'm struggling to find someone who installs adjustable air suspension, so looks like a 4" lift kit is the solution

I'm wanting to get the MPP lift kit & rear camber arms put on my MYLR. I'm not much of a DIYer with cars.
Anybody in Massachusetts/New England have any recommendations for shops to install?
Tosti’s Service Center in Framingham has done mine a few times. (Put the MPP lift on my 3, removed it from my 3 then installed it on my Y with the camber arms this time.)

Reactions: GingerJay
Anyone had any issue with alignment after 23 MY LR MPP lift kit install? Mine pulls to the right slightly. Shop said they got the toe spec as close to perfect as they can and suggested I may need to consider adjustable rear toe arms. MPP customer service has not been much of help with this :(

I do have adjustable rear camber arms from MPP installed on it too.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: