Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted Model Y Owners: Report!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q: How can you tell someone drove on the beach for the first time?
Me: see pic. Drives great, having the lift helped for the rutted dry sand in Gearhart, Oregon beach access. Second pic whoever parked next to me at the Thai restaurant you on TMC?

Attachments

• 20230501_181946.jpg
    20230501_181946.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 20230501_164311.jpg
    20230501_164311.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 209
Great thread with lots of information here...Thanks!!

I'm picking my 2023 Model Y long range this week and already placed an order for:
1. Method MR502 18X8 +38 5X114.3
2. TOYO OPEN COUNTRY A/T III 255/55R18 109H XL TL
3. STANCEMAGIC Hubcentric Rings - 64.1mm ID to 67.1mm OD

@BobbyLeeChan / @Gr8dane , Do I need anything else as far as new tire setup is concerned?

I also wanted to add MPP with camber arm but i will drive it for a week and see new tires work.

I'd really appreciate your suggestions!!

I have a Model Y on order and I'm going to be lifting it and adding slightly taller tires (currently thinking 55r18) to deal with snow and fire roads.
I didn’t see you mention so I’m asking. Are you getting the AWD version? Helpful with snow.

Also a lot of people get a second of rim / rims and swap them out. Or summer / winter setups. Not that different (or expensive) if you look around and take the time to do it. I know several that are out in the sticks off dirt roads and use their summer tires and get similar snow in winter.

Got the TSportline lift installed and alignment done and I am happy-happy.

If in Sacramento,CA I recommend:
ASB Alignment Suspension & Brake
Instagram: asb.alignment

View attachment 929375
I'm assuming you did not get camber arm since tsportline dont sell them or suggest anywhere. But if you buy MPP kit they do highly suggest to buy camber arm from them. Wondering if you discussed this with tsportline?

I'm picking my 2023 Model Y long range this week and already placed an order for:

@BobbyLeeChan / @Gr8dane , Do I need anything else as far as new tire setup is concerned?

I also wanted to add MPP with camber arm but i will drive it for a week and see new tires work.

Changing stock 20" induction to these new 18" rim and tires wont need any alignment i believe?

I see a lot of people here on the fence with camber arms when installing the lift kit - my advice is to get them if you can afford the extra expense. They make adjusting alignment SIGNIFICANTLY easier. Also, I run the toe arms - again not necessary but allow you to get the rear toe on the gnats ass. Can't comment on the folks at Tsportline, but Jessie and Sasha at MPP will get my money every time due to their superior engineering and R&D.

There have been rumors about fitment issues with the Rev. B version of the Tesla TPMS (part number 1490750-01-B) and the Method MR502's. I have the Rev. A version of the TPMS and they fit the MR502's just fine. I have been PM'ed by several folks about this fitment issue, so I am just putting this out there as a PSA. Not sure what the fix might be, but maybe some of the folks using the Rev. B TPMS and MR502's can comment here.

Reactions: jcan
There have been rumors about fitment issues with the Rev. B version of the Tesla TPMS (part number 1490750-01-B) and the Method MR502's. I have the Rev. A version of the TPMS and they fit the MR502's just fine. I have been PM'ed by several folks about this fitment issue, so I am just putting this out there as a PSA. Not sure what the fix might be, but maybe some of the folks using the Rev. B TPMS and MR502's can comment here.
I bought Tsportline Bluetooth TPMS for Model Y. I hope they'll fit!

I bought Tsportline Bluetooth TPMS for Model Y. I hope they'll fit!

Return them and buy them on amazon. Tsportsline will gouge the unknowing any chance they get. https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Pressure-Monitor-Sensors-Models/dp/B0BD9CMSR1/

$174.36 on amazon sold and shipped by tsportsline.

1683575410756.png