Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light Harmoics S12P Premium Amplifier

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new, never installed Light Harmonics S12P Premium Amplifier (While you drive the world’s best electric vehicle, you should be listening to the world’s best stereo.) for sale. I was going to put it in my 2012, but never ended up doing so and I'm probably selling it sooner rather than later, so I'm not going to bother putting it in.

I have one in my 2015 and it makes nice difference in the sound inside the Tesla for UHFS systems.

Asking $700 + shipping, that's $250 off the current price from Light Harmonics directly.

PM if interested.

I have a new, never installed Light Harmonics S12P Premium Amplifier (While you drive the world’s best electric vehicle, you should be listening to the world’s best stereo.) for sale. I was going to put it in my 2012, but never ended up doing so and I'm probably selling it sooner rather than later, so I'm not going to bother putting it in.

I have one in my 2015 and it makes nice difference in the sound inside the Tesla for UHFS systems.

Asking $700 + shipping, that's $250 off the current price from Light Harmonics directly.

PM if interested.

Do you know which channels the amp drives? Front doors?

Front doors, hatch, sub. It's the premium UHFS replacement amp that is what Tesla SHOULD have installed to start with. Couple this amp with a SoundQubed sub and you'll have a nice improvement in audio in the car.

Do not bother with the LH door speakers, they don't add jack to the car. Also, don't bother with the LH sub, the SoundQubed is better and far, far cheaper. SoundQubed needs some break in, but once it's broken in, it sounds fantastic, even in the stock box.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Do they sell something pre-made for Tesla, or does their sub fit inside the existing space? Which sub?
It fits into the existing enclosure. You can simply remove the stock tesla driver and replace it with this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TA2WW3M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(be sure to wire the 2 coils up in parallel to get 1Ohm final impedance) The amp handles it without any issue.
...before you do that, see if you like it with the stock sub. You just might.
I found the stock sub a bit muddy with the amp, but it still sounded significantly better by a factor of 10 than the stock amp.

Last edited:
It fits into the existing enclosure. You can simply remove the stock tesla driver and replace it with this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TA2WW3M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(be sure to wire the 2 coils up in parallel to get 1Ohm final impedance) The amp handles it without any issue.
...before you do that, see if you like it with the stock sub. You just might.
I found the stock sub a bit muddy with the amp, but it still sounded significantly better by a factor of 10 than the stock amp.

Wow, thanks! How did I miss this sub all this time? Anyway, I just bought the LH amp from another TMC member and haven't installed it yet, but will very soon. I might order this sub and just install both at the same time. Given that I will use the LH amp, how would I wire the sub for final impedance? 1 Ohm or 2 Ohms? Thanks again!

Reactions: Naonak
Wow, thanks! How did I miss this sub all this time? Anyway, I just bought the LH amp from another TMC member and haven't installed it yet, but will very soon. I might order this sub and just install both at the same time. Given that I will use the LH amp, how would I wire the sub for final impedance? 1 Ohm or 2 Ohms? Thanks again!
You bought it from me...lol!
To wire the sub at 1 Ohm, treat the 2 coil wires as a pair of speakers. So, wire the positive wires from the car to both positive wires of the coils. Same for the negative.
You can test the impedance with an Ohm meter (while disconnected from the car) and you should get roughly 1ohm.

Looks like the sub is out of stock everywhere, so while you wait, install the amp and see if you like it with the stock sub. I think you'll be pleased.

You bought it from me...lol!
To wire the sub at 1 Ohm, treat t
Oh geeze.. that's right. :oops: It's been a loooong week. My memory fades fast. LOL. Like they say, "memory is the second thing to go. "

Thanks again for your help. The amp is sitting on my desk staring me in the face every time I walk by, it looks so good! I really want to get it installed, but I've been promising my wife I'd install her Blacksys dashcam in her car I got for her several months ago... so I think if I install anything, that has to come first! LOL.

So you're saying try the stock sub first with the LH amp. Sure, I will try that. But I may order the amp from Amazon when it gets back in stock -- for $120, it's much too tempting.

PM if interested.

Good morning. We are selling our December 2015 Model S and I have the LH Labs Amp, Speakers, and Sub - before trading in the Tesla, I am open to pulling the LH Labs Amp and speakers and selling them on to someone that will enjoy the music. The Amp, speakers and sub substantially increased my enjoyment in the Model S. It takes about 3 hours to install if you have not done it before. PM me if you are interested. D