Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light Show (easter egg) on the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tis the season!

We were at one of the Tesla stores recently and mentioned doing the Christmas Light Show for friends. One of the workers warned us not to do it too often. We told him we'd done it about 5 or 6 times since we got the X (back in June '17). He said, "Oh, 5 or 6 times total? You're good. I've heard of people doing it 5 or 6 times a day, well, multiple times a day. The Tesla wasn't made for that. Things will break."

:):rolleyes:o_O Who is putting their vehicle through that multiple times a day? More importantly, who wants to stand there and watch that multiple times a day?? Lol!

• Funny
Reactions: ModelX
Someone with a lot of neighbors with little kids, perhaps. I can see how making the doors do that daily/many times will 'over exercise' things. It even says 'the doors will go through longer than normal ranges of motion'. I've never even done it since I've seen it so many times on YT. :D

I live across the street from the Griswalds. I aimed my X into their front window and set the Xmas show to auto-loop. So far, so good.
I also did this to my neighbors as we all refer to them as the Griswalds. Parked it at the end of my driveway and pointed it at their house. Waited till night when there were a good number of cars driving by to see their lights, then I started my own light show. Did it on two separate nights. I think the X stole the show. "Cool lights dude, but did you see that car!" (thats what I imagine ppl were saying :D)

• Funny
Reactions: vandacca