Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Tesla T for nosecone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pre-production beta arrived from Honk Kong today. I couldn't be more pleased. The quality is outstanding and the light bright and even. I gave the approval for production to begin ASAP. If we're lucky the first 60 will be completed and ready for shipping in about two weeks, much earlier than I expected. The second production run will begin immediately after the Chinese New Year so by mid-March at the latest we'll have enough for everyone on the waiting list.

When we're ready to take formal orders and payment I'll let everyone on the pre-order list know. That will probably be next week. Orders will be placed on the Marketplace page via PayPal. All orders will ship direct from Oznium in the US.

In the meantime I'll complete and post the installation instructions, likely also next week.

Just learned this am that the first production run of 60 will ship from Hong Kong to Colorado on Thursday. So the first 60 orders will ship to buyers from Oznium early next week. I will post ordering instructions today and notify all those on the pre-order list. To be fair, orders from those not on the list will not be accepted. The original beta testers are at the top of the list and get theirs free.

If your name was on the pre-order list please note that orders are now being taken here.

And here is a photo of what you'll find when you open the box when your order arrives:

_DSC4401.JPG

Thanks for the tip. Now all of the needed parts can be ordered through Amazon. I'll post the list and the installation instructions in a few days.

For me, I think I'll just keep it on with the lights and skip the remote. Good to know though.
Will you have the instructions up by Wednesday? That's when my T should arrive and I'd like to do it that night.

I've changed my mind and will stick with the Oznium device. I've used it with no failures. As these others are all made in China, there's no way to know whether they are knock offs. And they did get some failure reviews.

- - - Updated - - -

The installation instructions are complete.

2 questions:

? Can you wire it to the daytime running lights and the headlights... so that way it will be powered on all the time? .. an just have the oznium strobe powering it as a fun feature for when the car is off ?.....

? If it is powered by the daytime running lights and you power it on with the remote from the oznium will it have any impact?

As for the amazon knockoffs--it looks identical, but understand it may be made in china. I did buy that one, and we can compare to see if they are from the same source.

2 questions:

? Can you wire it to the daytime running lights and the headlights... so that way it will be powered on all the time? .. an just have the oznium strobe powering it as a fun feature for when the car is off ?.....

? If it is powered by the daytime running lights and you power it on with the remote from the oznium will it have any impact?

As for the amazon knockoffs--it looks identical, but understand it may be made in china. I did buy that one, and we can compare to see if they are from the same source.

Yes you can wire to both HOWEVER you will need to install a diode on each circuit to prevent a back feed. A diode will act as a one way valve for the current to flow only to the T and not send current from let's say the daytime lamps to the headlights. A little tricky buy can be done.

Yes you can wire to both HOWEVER you will need to install a diode on each circuit to prevent a back feed. A diode will act as a one way valve for the current to flow only to the T and not send current from let's say the daytime lamps to the headlights. A little tricky buy can be done.

I am a little confused.. sorry.
If I wire it to the daytime lights and the headlights, wont it only be receiving power from one or the other, hence no conflict?

Is it the conflict going to be when it is powered by daytime (or headlamp) AND the led remote controller (potentially causing an issue)?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the real question/goal here is:

how can I have it powered on whenever the car is on, and not have to physically turn it on and off by pressing a button (I plan on using the oznium controller) but I still want to have the ability to use the special effects of the unit if I want... any suggestions??