Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited A/C and Battery Cooling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottm

Legacy account
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
A week ago I had this message and warning triangle visit and stick with my car for a day. Reboots and even power cycling the car did not shake it. The instrument cluster had a perma-pop up yellow warning saying the same thing as what's shown here on the console. The console had the red warning triangle on the top, that when touched presented the dialog box shown.

Then next day it was all gone.

Yesterday the message visited again for short trip my wife took. It popped up coming out of a heated garage into the very cold. By the next day (today) the message had gone away again.

So it's intermittent.

Anybody else chase this down? I'm off warranty and don't want to be throwing unnecessary parts at the car on my bill. Thinking it could be wire / connection issue.
IMG_20180329_083258.jpg

Did you ever get to the bottom of that message?

My car threw that same message shortly after supercharging when it was 99F outside. I heard some odd clicking (sounded like a relay toggling on/off) shortly before it appeared. Oddly enough, the message also went away the next day which i don’t like (intermittent failures the worst). I have any appt for wednesday so hopefully they find he culprit.

Yes in my case my A/C had depressurized because of a leak in a hose.

It was the hose going from compressor to outboard side of the condensor / radiator on the driver's side. Its behind the louvers near the fog light.

New hose was cheap from Tesla, they added the refrigerant and pressured it back up and all is good. Got my cold back.

Off warranty so this was on my wallet.

Did you ever get to the bottom of that message?

My car threw that same message shortly after supercharging when it was 99F outside. I heard some odd clicking (sounded like a relay toggling on/off) shortly before it appeared. Oddly enough, the message also went away the next day which i don’t like (intermittent failures the worst). I have any appt for wednesday so hopefully they find he culprit.

Maybe your louver is sticking shut so the car isn't making enough cold for supercharging heating, and the clicking is repetitive trying to open it.
Get down and have a look with flashlight next SC.

Thanks, I dropped the car off for service earlier this week but I'll definitely pay attention to that when supercharging in the future.

If anyone's curious, this was the clicking I heard shortly before the error message appeared: