Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of Superchargers with Magic Docks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Supercharger setup with MagicDock: Chugiak, AK

1695234534120.png

Interesting that they opened one so far out of the normal places.

Meanwhile crickets everywhere in Southern California

I find it ironic that crickets implies silence. Those critters are noisy. Not as noisy as those trashy cicadas, but still noisy.

I assume many California Superchargers are busy so Tesla probably doesn't want to hurry to add CCS vehicles to them given that many will have to park like BMW drivers.

Reactions: Rocky_H
I find it ironic that crickets implies silence. Those critters are noisy. Not as noisy as those trashy cicadas, but still noisy.

I assume many California Superchargers are busy so Tesla probably doesn't want to hurry to add CCS vehicles to them given that many will have to park like BMW drivers.

New SC are opening up, recently installed but no Magic Dock, not even 1 which is disappointing

IMG_0656.jpeg

New SC are opening up, recently installed but no Magic Dock, not even 1 which is disappointing
They would never put only one MagicDock stall at a site, that would be legacy CCS thinking and silly.

From what I have seen the point of MagicDocks isn't to be a full connected network, it is just to open up low usage sites to more people. (With a side target of serving areas that don't already have CCS chargers available.)

There will likely be less than 400 MagicDock sites nationwide. (Or about 20% of the sites.)

I would think that MagicDock installs will dove-tail with NEVI funded sites. (I expect NEVI installs to use V4 posts, so it will be interesting to see if they integrate a MagicDock into the V4 post, or if they go dual cable.)

Reactions: Mr. Nuke
They would never put only one MagicDock stall at a site, that would be legacy CCS thinking and silly.

From what I have seen the point of MagicDocks isn't to be a full connected network, it is just to open up low usage sites to more people. (With a side target of serving areas that don't already have CCS chargers available.)

There will likely be less than 400 MagicDock sites nationwide. (Or about 20% of the sites.)

I would think that MagicDock installs will dove-tail with NEVI funded sites. (I expect NEVI installs to use V4 posts, so it will be interesting to see if they integrate a MagicDock into the V4 post, or if they go dual cable.)

That sucks because Tesla is missing out on a lot of revenue…. Too bad

• Funny
That sucks because Tesla is missing out on a lot of revenue…. Too bad
How so? I thought everyone said that the Superchargers in California are already jammed all the time. Opening them to more vehicles is just going to make waits worse.

Tesla has V4 coming. That is how they'll _really_ want to open up sites to CCS.
We haven't seen how V4 will support CCS vehicles in North America yet... (My guess is it will be a MagicDock implementation.)

How they really want to open up the Supercharger network is to vehicles from NACS partners. Most V3 sites will probably be open next spring to NACS partner vehicles with the purchase of an adapter. (It will be interesting to see if the NACS adapter is small like the MagicDock one, or if they have at least a couple feet of cable. (Or if there will be multiple versions available so you can select the one that will work best for your charge port location.)

How so? I thought everyone said that the Superchargers in California are already jammed all the time. Opening them to more vehicles is just going to make waits worse.

We haven't seen how V4 will support CCS vehicles in North America yet... (My guess is it will be a MagicDock implementation.)

How they really want to open up the Supercharger network is to vehicles from NACS partners. Most V3 sites will probably be open next spring to NACS partner vehicles with the purchase of an adapter. (It will be interesting to see if the NACS adapter is small like the MagicDock one, or if they have at least a couple feet of cable. (Or if there will be multiple versions available so you can select the one that will work best for your charge port location.)

They aren't "Jammed", it's all a bunch of BS. Out in the the burbs there are always spots available. San Diego early morning? Plenty available. It's all the yuppies in L.A. who are always using SC to charge from 70% to 90% on a daily basis

• Funny
So your definition of Jammed then? Usually I construe it to mean busy all the time. If I have to drive to the 'burbs to charge I'm gonna call it jammed. I would be curious who is using the 'busy' city Superchargers where charging gets reset down to 80% then stop the charge and adjust it to 90% just to rage against the system.

Just checked at 10:30 on a Saturday there are only a few maxed out chargers, so if you only charge on the weekend perhaps you don't notice, but if you have been stuck in charge rush hour it seems like there will never be a way to charge. I think the surge pricing has helped a lot pushing people to come back when the cost is 1/2 the peak pricing.

Last edited:
Montrose, CO is brand new to the supercharge.info list. Hasn't even been updated in the Tesla app, let alone Plugshare yet. That was a good example of one that definitely had the capacity to take on CCS cars though. In my half a dozen or so stops there I've only ever seen one other car charging, out of 8 Tesla + 2 CCS dispensers.

Last edited:
I am always impressed with people that find new Superchargers or changes like this. I am usually satisfied to wait for the Tesla Tweets or the Supercharge.info RSS feed. Wonder if either will be triggered for a Magic Supercharger upgrade.

I am always impressed with people that find new Superchargers or changes like this. I am usually satisfied to wait for the Tesla Tweets or the Supercharge.info RSS feed. Wonder if either will be triggered for a Magic Supercharger upgrade.
I assume it the RSS feed would include the updates, but maybe not since they don't actually appear to create an update entry for when the site had MagicDocks installed. You can see it on the changes page on supercharge.info:
1695742475412.png

(The blue car icon to the right of the details indicates that the site is open to other EVs, i.e. in North America that it is a MagicDock site.)

But they don't currently show that on the Data page.