Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lloyd Mats - Rubbertite mats in the X? Good?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EVEverything.com has them. They also sell the Luxe mats. I don't have my X yet (now saying end of June...), but I did order my mats yesterday. They're wonderful to work with -- I wanted a set of the all-weather mats for the trunk and frunk, and with the seats up and with the seats down, and I also wanted luxe mats for the front and second row. They were able to put together a custom package for me with reduced (actually free) shipping, too. Otherwise I would have had to consider buying both sets of mats (luxe and all-weather), and I didn't want to have to do that.

Please post pics of both mats when they arrive.Very interested in doing the same

I am wondering why they don't have an option for the trunk mats as 2 separate pieces so you have an option of a rear seats up config or adding the addition piece for when the rear seats are down. I typically transport people but on occasion also boxes. I just sent them an email with this inquiry.

I bought the red Lloyd Rubbertites from CarID, in red to go in my black interior. They look nice, seem rugged and well-built, but the driver-side mat is slightly too big, which cause it to bubble and bow, as is the full-size (3rd row seats down) cargo area mat. That one is especially troubling, because the part that's too tight is up against the leather on the side of the cargo compartment, so I'm worried it might damage it.

Also, the driver side had two really ugly holes drilled in it, presumably for hooks or something, but they didn't come with hooks and the Model X doesn't have hooks - it has those velcro-like things. So the holes are both useless and ugly.

Opened a ticket with CarID about those issues, we'll see what they say.

The other mats all seem to fit fine, and the mats seem well made, so I'm hoping things get resolved. I, too, wish I could have gotten the cargo mat in two pieces for seats up / seats down modes.

@F123456 can you share how your custom ones look? Did you email or call EVEverything to get it customized?

i just can't get over the fact that on rounded corners, the circles are just cut off. Am I the only one that pays attention to these details? The lack of attention to these things on a $450 set of rubber mats boggles my mind. I think I'm going to take a pass until the winter and see if there're alternatives :/

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 5.13.38 PM.png

Reactions: CmdrThor and McManX
I've had the LLoyds rubbertite mats in my X now for a week. The black ones. When I first got them, I was not impressed, but they're growing on me. So far they work great, nice non-slip texture to them and they get lots of compliments. It bothered me that they don't have a finished edge or lip or some sort of binding to them. I would still change that if I could, but that's my only real issue. However, they are cut out of rolls of this rubber material, so it would be another process additional to that to finish them off another way. Once they are in the car, they really blend right in and look fine.

The biggest complaint I have about the mats is the additional fasteners. I'm not using them. I have to puncture two holes for the front mats in order to fully anchor them in place. So far they have not slipped without these anchors, but I will probably add a couple Velcro fasteners to the mats myself since that is what is in the car. Wish Lloyds would have gone that route instead of using their screw anchors that require puncturing the car's base carpeting along with the extra hole cut in the mats.

Not sure why there needs to be a small mat to go behind the 2nd row seats. This piece could have been part of the larger 2nd row area mat, just as the included mat is all one piece. My guess is they did this to make it easier for cutting with the width of their roll or to streamline templates between the 6 and 7 seat options.

I ordered from EV Everything and it was $399 total for the full set of all interior seat areas, the frunk, rear trunk space or behind upright rear seats plus the cargo mat to cover the rear seats folded. I was not expecting that cargo mat, but it was there in the set.

i just can't get over the fact that on rounded corners, the circles are just cut off. Am I the only one that pays attention to these details? The lack of attention to these things on a $450 set of rubber mats boggles my mind. I think I'm going to take a pass until the winter and see if there're alternatives :/

This is precisely why I haven't ordered these. They look cheap like it was cut DIY. Hopefully Weathertech will eventually start selling some all weather mats for Model X.

Looks like bubble pack to me.:)

I am in the same boat. In fact I don't even plan on driving my car in ugly places until something better comes along. Might just go to the local auto parts store and get some real cheap general mats for $20 at this rate and put them over my custom carpeted mats.

I would like a nice trayed rubber frunk mat though.

I just assumed that my carpet will be black.. don't recall a question on that. I am guessing the color choice on mats was to match seat color choice? black/tan/white?

Also it would seem like a better idea to have a folding cargo mat that has a crease or hinge that allows the mat to stay in car vs having to remove whenever you need to fold down/up seats.

I agree with others, don't really like the look of this mat - like the idea but I think I will wait for a more aesthetically pleasing mat.

I ended up placing an order for a set. have a long trip coming up in a couple of weeks and will need these to keep the luggage from ruining the carpet. would've waited for WT or others, but it appears they will not be ready. will need something to cover the sides and the seat backs, now.

mine should be arriving tomorrow. will install and report on fit. i ordered mine from eveverything, and not carid. wonder if that makes any difference...

worst case, you could cut the excess yourself.

I wonder if there's alternative choice other than the Lloyd All-Season & Luxe Mats from www.eveverything.com ? I have two kids and definitely need the all-weather mats.

I like those made by TechWeather but looks that they have not made anything for the Model X yet. And the Lloyd one looks overpriced for how they appear in the picture and how much $$ the vendor wants for them. :(

Mine just arrived today and I'm pretty disappointed with them. The fit and look are mediocre, they smell awful (not sure if all mats smell this bad), and the service experience from EV Everything was awful. Overall, I feel the value is poor and really wish I had bought the Weathertech mats from the Tesla store.