Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaners at Houston SC

andrewdtran

Jun 10, 2020
Houston, Texas
I got hit by a driver making an illegal turn today and the bumper, fog light, headlight, wheel well, parking sensor and some other things need to get replaced. Currently thinking about getting it done at the Houston-North Service Center but I’m worried about not having a vehicle to drive. Does Tesla provide loaners for collision repairs or do I have to go through my insurance? Or is it something specific to my service center

sacfan

Sep 8, 2019
Sacramento
I got hit by a driver making an illegal turn today and the bumper, fog light, headlight, wheel well, parking sensor and some other things need to get replaced. Currently thinking about getting it done at the Houston-North Service Center but I’m worried about not having a vehicle to drive. Does Tesla provide loaners for collision repairs or do I have to go through my insurance? Or is it something specific to my service center
I’m pretty sure that would be covered by your auto insurance rather than by the Tesla body shop.

SomeJoe7777

Marginally-Known Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houston, TX
For warranty work, Tesla will usually provide courtesy loaners or Uber credits. For repair work that is not under warranty, including collision damage, your auto insurance will have to provide the loaner if that is covered by your policy.

Reactions: andrewdtran

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC