Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Locked IN my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did you take it to the service center?
Created an appointment in the app for 4 days later (created on Sunday for Thursday). Called the emergency service number Monday and the lady said she would "strongly encourage" mobile service to visit me sooner.

Mobile arrived about an hour later and switched the 12V out in 20 mins. All good!

Car was comatose so I couldn't have taken it to a SC.

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl
Created an appointment in the app for 4 days later (created on Sunday for Thursday). Called the emergency service number Monday and the lady said she would "strongly encourage" mobile service to visit me sooner.

Mobile arrived about an hour later and switched the 12V out in 20 mins. All good!

Car was comatose so I couldn't have taken it to a SC.

wow that’s insane , I had to drop my car off at the service center (they towed it there , even tho it started after a 12V jump). Service center is “ordering the part” - been 3 days. At least they gave me a loaner

Service center is “ordering the part” - been 3 days

Maybe something else other than just the 12V failed on your car? That sux, but yeah, nice to have a loaner. I ended up renting a car while mine was in, as I refuse to ride in an Uber for a 75 mile round trip to/from the service center during COVID. At least I watched them clean my rental before I picked it up.

hope your cars doors don’t open

hope you have a 12V failure while your fat wife is sitting in the backseat and gets stuck in the back , she’s too fat to move to the front sit and then gets stuck between the two front seats trying to get to the front doors which the only ones with a manual lever. So then u actually have to use this thermite device

This guy sounds mad.

@C141medic

They arent, they are levers that press on an internal switch to send the signal, no linkage. I took some apart.
Nope. Tesla realized the error of using physical switches on the S and X. The door handle on the 3 and Y and has a magnet in it. A sensor reads the magnetic field. Failure rate of magnetic field sensors is significantly lower than physical switches.

• Informative
Reactions: favo and KrenGrl