Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long time lurker, first time poster -- and now owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to thank everyone who contributes to this forum; it really helped in my decision to finally purchase the X.

A little backstory: put down the $5k reservation before the X was released, but build issues and other things led me to cancel the reservation. Still visited TMC constantly for updates and personal experiences. Finally gave it another chance recently with an overnight test drive and boom, I got hooked. Was still worried about build quality but decided to take a chance and temper my expectations.

Although a custom build delivery for a Nov order was expected to have a Feb delivery, my OA found an X with exact specs in pre-production, pushing delivery up to end of the month! I quickly locked it down on 11/9 and was pleasantly surprised to take delivery on 12/1. Armed with the TMC Delivery Checklist, I marched into the delivery center fully expecting to find minor to major issues with the car. Luckily, the only thing that was missing was the tow hitch. Doors worked perfectly, no alignment issues, software worked, got 2 key fobs, no rattles, no ghosting -- so far so good! Granted, it's only been 2 days so I'm hoping that it stays problem free.

Thanks again!
75D, 6 seats, white premium seats, PUP, EA, VIN 76xxx

Attachments

• IMG_20171201_154903_412.jpg
    IMG_20171201_154903_412.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20171201_154903_413.jpg
    IMG_20171201_154903_413.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 80
Just wanted to thank everyone who contributes to this forum; it really helped in my decision to finally purchase the X.

A little backstory: put down the $5k reservation before the X was released, but build issues and other things led me to cancel the reservation. Still visited TMC constantly for updates and personal experiences. Finally gave it another chance recently with an overnight test drive and boom, I got hooked. Was still worried about build quality but decided to take a chance and temper my expectations.

Although a custom build delivery for a Nov order was expected to have a Feb delivery, my OA found an X with exact specs in pre-production, pushing delivery up to end of the month! I quickly locked it down on 11/9 and was pleasantly surprised to take delivery on 12/1. Armed with the TMC Delivery Checklist, I marched into the delivery center fully expecting to find minor to major issues with the car. Luckily, the only thing that was missing was the tow hitch. Doors worked perfectly, no alignment issues, software worked, got 2 key fobs, no rattles, no ghosting -- so far so good! Granted, it's only been 2 days so I'm hoping that it stays problem free.

Thanks again!
75D, 6 seats, white premium seats, PUP, EA, VIN 76xxx
Congratulations! Don't forget there's the warranty for peace of mind in case something crops up.