Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer Range - RWD LR Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was 309 prior to the promised range boost update. Lol.
The adjustment the software will make does happen in a large jump (I'm pretty sure we don't fully understand what it is doing, yet). It could indeed have been coincidental timing where they both happened at basically the same time for you, leading to nearly canceling each other out.

Either way, it is just superficialities. Your actual range you see was never going to be affected. Really the only "lie" by Tesla was sandbagging the LR RWD's initial range number to only 310 miles.

Some people reported getting the visual increase at 100% charge but the vast majority didn't ever see that update. I believe some people even reported that a future update reverted them back to 310 miles.

It really does seem like this never came to fruition and everyone just forgot about it since no noise was being made at all about it.

Yes. It's at 228 Wh/mi lifetime
Nice! That would be somewhat consistent with at some point the Tesla having built into the Model 3's software to use a very longterm average number to adjust predicted range a bit. Like 10,000 mile running average, or something. Last I saw I think the consensus for the S/X was they didn't do this, there, but maybe Tesla has here?

Other BEVs manufacturers use a much, much shorter number for their's. Basically near an "in the moment" number. Some use a bit longer term, but over the last hour informed by in the moment aspects. Such as when you turn the HVAC on you see the range drop. Tesla has never done that on the main battery gauge, although you can see numbers like that on their power graph.

So @Twiglett , do you have a lifetime number?

I'm at 12.2.1 software version and I do get about 320-322 miles on 100% charge. It did NOT get to that range right after the update where it was supposed to be 325. It got there after about 3 or 4 100% charges. I do about two 100% charge in a month (a couple of long trips a month).

• Informative
Reactions: SammichLover
2018 LR RWD m3.

Mine used to charge near spec of 325 total (ever since march update).
After the recent updates it calculates back to 310 total. Or my battery degraded 5% in 2 months...which is highly unlikely.

Similar here LR RWD M3. Got the boost from 309 to 318 and then it trickled away over about two months. Back to 308 now. @45k in miles. Not complaining, but my S had less degradation @70k. Then again, With them changing the rated range. I am not sure how to interpret TesliFi data regarding degradation.

wh/mi for me is 254. Includes two winters and driving those periods with snow tires for one of them. For summer I am in the low 200's.