Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking at a used S. A little help.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what it found under Charging when I ran the Vin.

ChargingCDM0 No CHAdeMO Charging Adaptor
CH04 High Amperage Charger Upgrade
HP00 No Wall Connector
SC04 Pay Per Use Supercharging

So two concerns.

Won't work with a Chademo adapter
No free supercharging. I don't need free Supercharging but would want to know if it is on the car.

One other thing to consider is that VIN range of car shows an earlier build in 2017 , AP2.5 started on ~8/17 ...if this is an AP2.0 even less desirable than one of those newer inventory vehicles :eek:

OK. Hoping this works. Here is the whole thing.

Looking at the charging header. Would you mind explaining those four?

Also, My wife saw a screen shot that suggested the sunroof opens to "vent" or something. Seriously it opens?

I suppose the firmware is a permanent thing?

Thanks for your patience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VIN Found:5YJSA1E26HF196786
Accessories
FG02 Exterior Lighting Package
LP01 Premium Interior Lighting
ME02 Memory Seats
PI01 Premium Upgrades Package
PS01 Parcel Shelf
TP03 Power and Lighting Package
X001 Override: Power Liftgate
X007 Daytime running lights
X021 No spoiler or passive spoiler
X037 Powerfolding Mirrors

AudioAU01 Ultra High Fidelity Sound

AutopilotAPF1 Autopilot Firmware 2.0 Base
APH2 Autopilot Hardware 2.0
APPB Enhanced Autopilot

BatteryBTX6 100 kWh

BrakesBCMB Black Brake Calipers

HP00 No Wall Connector

ColorPPMR Red Multi-Coat

DecorIDCF Carbon Fiber

DriveDV4W All-Wheel Drive

FilterAF02 HEPA Filter

FirmwareBR00 No firmware limit

Interior OptionsDSH7 Black Alcantara Dashboard Accents
FR04 FR04
IX01 Extended Nappa Leather Trim
SR01 Standard 2nd row
TR00 No Third Row Seat
UTAB Black Alcantara Headliner
X027 Lighted Door Handles
YFFC Integrated Center Console

Interior+SeatsINBPW White Premium
QTPW Ultra White

ModelBS00 NOBULL00
DCF0 DCF0
DRLH Left Hand Drive
MDLS Model S
MI01 Facelift MI01

PerformanceBP00 No Ludicrous
PF00 No Performance Legacy Package
PX00 No Performance Plus Package
X025 No Performance Package

RegionRENA Region : North America

RoofRFP2 All Glass Panoramic Roof v2

SuspensionSU01 Smart Air Suspension

TechnologyPK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors
SP00 No Security Package
X003 Maps & Navigation
X011 Override: Homelink
X013 Override: Satellite Radio
X031 Keyless Entry
X040 No DAB Radio
X044 Phone Dock Kit

TrimTM00 General Production Trim
X028 Battery Badge

WeatherCW02 Subzero+Heated Steering Wheel

Wheels+TiresWTSS 21-Turbine Silver

Option codes supplied by
EV-CPO.com

HP00 No Wall Connector

You can still use CHADEMO with adapter nothing will prevent you from charging at a station

this car comes with the 72a onboard charger

It doesn’t come with a HPWC ..no Tesla’s did u had to buy separately

Self explanatory ;)

You can still use CHADEMO with adapter nothing will prevent you from charging at a station

this car comes with the 72a onboard charger

It doesn’t come with a HPWC ..no Tesla’s did u had to buy separately

Self explanatory ;)

Yah it is. Some of the acronyms are kinda new. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have free Supercharging but that isn't a deal breaker. I have mixed feelings on free charging of any kind...but thats another topic. :)

You and other members here have been very helpful sir. Thank you. Lots to think about.

John

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
My wife saw a screen shot that suggested the sunroof opens to "vent" or something. Seriously it opens?

Yes in the pics it does have the old sunroof versus the fixed glass roof ..the VIN decoder did confirm though that has AP2.0 vs AP2.5 ..for context AP3 just came out last month ..while it does have some appealing options and is as loaded as u can get minus the third row seat ..IMO the new inventory cars are probably better bargains

Yes in the pics it does have the old sunroof versus the fixed glass roof ..the VIN decoder did confirm though that has AP2.0 vs AP2.5 ..for context AP3 just came out last month ..while it does have some appealing options and is as loaded as u can get minus the third row seat ..IMO the new inventory cars are probably better bargains

and one more question and I'll leave you alone. Is there a menu that they could snap a picture of that would show wether it has free supercharging. This is more about pricing than the free Supercharging. Just want to know what I'm getting.

Thanks.

and one more question and I'll leave you alone. Is there a menu that they could snap a picture of that would show wether it has free supercharging. This is more about pricing than the free Supercharging. Just want to know what I'm getting.

Thanks.

Nothing on the menu , you need to see build date sticker ..cars with end Jan 2017 and older carry the free SC with the car, based on that VIN looks to be ~mar - jun build ..to confirm maybe ask dealer to send u pic of inside door sticker

One other detail to be aware of. If Tesla thinks the car is salvage (or possibly hacked), they will list it as “unsupported”.

You won’t be able to use any supercharging or get any but the most basic support. Unless you want to hack the car, this would be the worst case scenario.

I bought a used Tesla private party and asked the buyer if the car was “salvage” or “not supported” by Tesla and then wrote that into the bill of sale. That gave me some recourse if Tesla said it was not supported.

Tesla won’t talk to you about a car that’s not registered in your name. Makes this part a pita.

• Helpful
One other detail to be aware of. If Tesla thinks the car is salvage (or possibly hacked), they will list it as “unsupported”.

You won’t be able to use any supercharging or get any but the most basic support. Unless you want to hack the car, this would be the worst case scenario.

I bought a used Tesla private party and asked the buyer if the car was “salvage” or “not supported” by Tesla and then wrote that into the bill of sale. That gave me some recourse if Tesla said it was not supported.

Tesla won’t talk to you about a car that’s not registered in your name. Makes this part a pita.

Thank you. I’ll keep all this in mind.

John.

A little update for all my helpers here. I got a response from the dealer in Toronto and a copy of the car fax. It has been in an accident on the right rear corner. 8400 dollar repair. Kinda turned me off this one. I know 8400 is not much for a collision repair but still. Eeeek.

Always good to do your homework. Glad you found out before and not after.

Not saying it is or isn’t, but that does raise the possibility that it’s not supported (if an airbag went off, but repairs were not done at an authorized shop).

Always good to do your homework. Glad you found out before and not after.

Not saying it is or isn’t, but that does raise the possibility that it’s not supported (if an airbag went off, but repairs were not done at an authorized shop).

Yah. It’s the right car but too far away to do the due diligence on it. Plus they are firm on the price and I think it’s 12000 too high.

Thanks to all for the insight and help. Great forum.

• Love
Sorry for all the questions guys. I need to be prepared for tomorrow.

What does the cold winter package consist of?
To amplify an earlier answer, the cold weather package should include: Heated steering wheel (driver actuated), heated windshield washer nozzles (automatic, so you won't see any control for it), a heated strip on the windshield where the wipers park to help keep them free of ice and snow (driver actuated through main screen), and the heated rear seats (also driver actuated).