Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a seat mod to achieve my dream version of the model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of an available modification or swap for the passenger pilot seats in the model X plaid where they will gain the ability to fold flat? The six seer is perfect in my opinion as it has the middle aisle, but I hate the fact that the seats cannot fold flat for the most cargo storage available if it is necessary, I’m trying to get the vehicle with as many applications as possible and this seems to be the only con with the six seat configuration which also gives the most pros. if anyone knows of any swap or modification that I can buy, please link me to it.

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum
Upvote 0
? What is this?
It's a description of the modification not being possible. The very early seven seat X had a design similar to the six seat, pedestal mount, just with a third seat in the middle. That did not last long, Tesla change to a bench seat second row, that allowed for fold flat. Similar to the 5 seat. AFAIK, there are no mod kits available to convert a six seat to a five or seven seat, fold flat configuration. It would be a darn near impossible conversion.

Upvote 0
I recently (Sep 2023) asked Tesla Service if I could pay to have my 6-seat converted to either a 5 or 7 seat variety. They replied that "...reconfiguration after purchase is not possible". Later I met someone who actually works at the Freemont factory and they suggested it would be VERY difficult because of what they called "the Magic Carpet" system-that moves the individual middle row seats in the 6-seat configuration. I had originally ordered my X Plaid in the 5 seat config but was called to change it (for free) or cancel the order. Obvs I decided to accept the 6-seat config NOT KNOWING they didn't fold flat AND the terrible cargo situation- not having much to contain things from flying around (esp forward) AND the lack of proper points to secure nets or other barriers to secure cargo.

Upvote 0