Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys

I have a MX with the 22inch turbine wheels and I was trying find some winter tires for them. The cost of the tires are pretty expensive and if I did the calculation right I could just get a another set of rims with tire.

I was wondering if any of you guys have any good recommendation on wheels that arent too expensive and would not effect the range either. Do you know which size fits best on the MX. I don't want any rubbing.

thanks

Hey guys

I have a MX with the 22inch turbine wheels and I was trying find some winter tires for them. The cost of the tires are pretty expensive and if I did the calculation right I could just get a another set of rims with tire.

I was wondering if any of you guys have any good recommendation on wheels that arent too expensive and would not effect the range either. Do you know which size fits best on the MX. I don't want any rubbing.

thanks
Look on www.tirerack.com. Should be able to get wheel/tire combo for reasonable price.

IMG_1427.JPG
I bought a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks mounted on 19" wheels complete with TPMS and balancing from Tire Rack for $2278 including freight. They included new special lug nuts and center caps as well. I recommend calling them, not online ordering. The folks there know the Model X and can set you up with the best package to fit your car.

My grandson helped change the wheels ---

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
I was thinking of buying the 22' winter's on tire rack, and fixing my stock 22 silver rims to the tires.

Otherwise, I'd have to buy a new set of smaller tires/rims for the winter.

Anyone have any experience?

Don't want to have to overspend for no reason.

I asked my service center and they told me they can't help with 22' winter's and recommend the Tesla winter set - which of course costs 4 x the price of just buying new winter 22 tires and using my own rims!

I just picked up a set of Niche M117 staggered 20x9 20x10 wheels. THey are right around 1k shipped on ebay. Then will put a set of Continental dws's on them which are great in the snow. I ran the 22s last year and they were horrible. Probably will end up keeping the 20s on. But that should be around 2k or under all in depending on the tire you choose.