Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for cooler seats? My review of cooling seat pad from ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this to be an issue for some hot natured folks like my self (hot seats)...Even with pre conditioning the cabin, i found my back hot and sweaty after riding for any length of time. Searched the forums and found someone posting about this cooling seat pad. No reviews and it was shipping from China (and took like 3 weeks total). 30 bucks or so on ebay. link below.

Sign in or Register | eBay

Pros;
it does actually cool decently well. enough that i'm not sweating through my shirt/pants. the fans are only in the, well for lack of a better word, butt part of the seat. The back of the seat is just mesh, which does decent.

definitely an added layer of protection from spills/scratches, etc. Basically a floor mat for your seat.

'install' actually pretty easy considering there were 0 instructions or pictures. (i did not look online at the ebay listing, however. could be there...)

Cons:
it doesn't look awesome. see pics attached. especially the head rest. looks way out of place. Not sure if there is a way to modify it or cut the head rest part off...i'll look into that later on.

i'm not sure what happens if i forget to power it off...will it drain the 12V battery in the car? will it drain the main battery? not sure.

Questions about if this is 'airbag safe'. it claims to be but i'm not 100 percent sure. so if you're concerned about that (which someone brought that up as a good thing to consider in another thread), then you'd better look for another solution.

Overall, i know it's shady buying an item on ebay directly from China, so i thought i'd post an honest review. Hope this helps!

20190923_161326.jpg
20190923_161308.jpg
20190923_161254.jpg
20190923_161302.jpg

No problem. I’ve read elsewhere that Tesla discourages using any kind of seat cover because of the airbags. But I do agree it would be nice to have cool seats during the hot summer weather. I
They also discourage car washes and using certain kinds of windshield washer fluid. They are a bit anal if you ask me. Although I do recognize that airbags are not in that same category, my personal opinion (along with the opinion of the seller, albeit most definitely unqualified, is that this won't interfere with the airbag. But hopefully I'll never have to find that out for many reasons.

I don't see airbags being a problem. They come from the sides of the seats. This doesn't cover up any more than a larger sized adult person would.

Make sure you connect to a power source that switches off when the car is off. It would certainly drain your 12V otherwise.

No problem. I’ve read elsewhere that Tesla discourages using any kind of seat cover because of the airbags. But I do agree it would be nice to have cool seats during the hot summer weather. I
Liability. It's easier to say "don't use seat covers" than to explain what will actually be a problem and deal with all that hassle.