Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
waiting.PNG

If I'm going to join in, maybe I should have some idea what I'm talking about.

Hey! Why should you be the only one around here having an idea about what your talking about! :wink:

Are those the minimum/maximum days until the unveiling?

Well, sort of... :rolleyes:

The first number is based on an misunderstanding that the Model 3 would be shown at the Geneva International Motor Show witch starts at March 3th this year. Well, its been cleared up after that that: 1. Tesla don't unveil their cars on motor shows, and 2. if was not just "in March" but "in late March". So read this number as "We can be somewhat sure that it will not be shown before the first number is down to zero". Probably with a good margin :tongue:

After that the second number was added, witch count down to a date in late March. (sorry, forgot witch :tongue:). But as it has been pointed out, it is not the last day in March. Some among us witch are "experienced optimists" (read: pessimists) think "in late March" to read "not before March 31." or something :p So read the second number as "When this number reach 0 we should at least be somewhat close to the unveiling, and maybe we even know when it actually will be".

And then, remember that Elon did say that the "in late March" was not a very firm time frame.... But what the heck. We see the numbers goes down each day, and we are one day closer to the unveiling whenever it will be :)

Hey! Why should you be the only one around here having an idea about what your talking about! :wink:

Well, sort of... :rolleyes:

The first number is based on an misunderstanding that the Model 3 would be shown at the Geneva International Motor Show witch starts at March 3th this year. Well, its been cleared up after that that: 1. Tesla don't unveil their cars on motor shows, and 2. if was not just "in March" but "in late March". So read this number as "We can be somewhat sure that it will not be shown before the first number is down to zero". Probably with a good margin :tongue:

After that the second number was added, witch count down to a date in late March. (sorry, forgot witch :tongue:). But as it has been pointed out, it is not the last day in March. Some among us witch are "experienced optimists" (read: pessimists) think "in late March" to read "not before March 31." or something [emoji14] So read the second number as "When this number reach 0 we should at least be somewhat close to the unveiling, and maybe we even know when it actually will be".

And then, remember that Elon did say that the "in late March" was not a very firm time frame.... But what the heck. We see the numbers goes down each day, and we are one day closer to the unveiling whenever it will be :)
I started this thread and didn't know all that. Great summary!

I started this thread and didn't know all that. Great summary!
The best part is before you started the counter there were all sorts of comments questioning why we needed one.
Yet here we all are - watching two numbers slowly count down :biggrin:

FWIW - the first counter marks when I really start my "F5/reserve button click" exercises in earnest :rolleyes: