Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tick tock
it amazes me how well they have managed to keep this a secret.
This is Apple levels of secrecy going on here.
I can only assume that anyone who really knows is more inclined to do whats best for the company, which makes for a refreshing change.
Personal commitment does seem to matter more at Tesla compared to many other companies.

tick tock
it amazes me how well they have managed to keep this a secret.
This is Apple levels of secrecy going on here.
I can only assume that anyone who really knows is more inclined to do whats best for the company, which makes for a refreshing change.
Personal commitment does seem to matter more at Tesla compared to many other companies.

The reason is because right now it's only in design and prototyping stage. I'd bet they haven't taken any out of the shop where very few eyes can even see it. Once it's unveiled, they can start road testing with camo for the next 18-20 months, like they did with the X, because people already know what the prototype looks like.

We never knew what Model X looked like until they rolled it out onstage in February 2012...
and then they spent another 3 1/2 years building and testing on open roads with camo before the final design unveiling. Probably see the same with the 3. We'll see a rough prototype in March with some basic specs. Then in fall of next year we'll get a final unveiling.

tesla-model-x-white-palo-alto-01.jpg

Bro, bigbear.

Musk specifically said it will be stylized not as three vertical lines, but as three horizontal lines.

You dun goof'd.
You forget when displaying your tattoo you must have your arms open as if you are giving a hug. Once you spot a fellow cult model 3 member, you extend your arms for a hug, display your model 3 tattoo, and then actually go in for a hug. It's like the fist sign for motorcycle riders when they pass each other, but we hug because we're all tree huggers.

You forget when displaying your tattoo you must have your arms open as if you are giving a hug. Once you spot a fellow cult model 3 member, you extend your arms for a hug, display your model 3 tattoo, and then actually go in for a hug. It's like the fist sign for motorcycle riders when they pass each other, but we hug because we're all tree huggers.

I stand corrected. Keep on being awesome.

March will be here soon.

42/67, I hope you northeast Tesla 3 brothers and sisters are staying safe in all that snow.

Super aerodynamic 2-1/2 ton car with snow tires and amazing traction control. Yup, I feel safe, thanks! :biggrin:

I actually look forward to driving it he snow, believe it or not. I figure heck, I spent $1,200 on snow tires, I want to get some meaningful use out of them! Okay, it's no D model, but still, Tesla's handle GREAT in the snow.

Here in New England we're not looking at more than 4 - 6 inches, but down in the mid-Atlantic they're looking at up to, or more than, 2 feet and blizzard conditions. You folks down there -- good luck riding the storm out.

-MM3-