Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of a sudden its gone quiet

Winter has come and passed*
The Model 3 we'll see at last
Wake me up when March 30 ends

Like my Volt lease come to pass
Three e-Golf years will go so fast

Here comes the hype again
Tweets from @elonmusk
Speculation ripe again
Combustion is at dusk

As my giddiness rests
But never forgets what's on tap

* Not really, given that it was -5 this morning

Winter has come and passed*
The Model 3 we'll see at last

Like my Volt lease come to pass
Three e-Golf years will go so fast

Here comes the hype again
Tweets from @elonmusk
Speculation ripe again
Combustion is at dusk

As my giddiness rests
But never forgets what's on tap

* Not really, given that it was -5 this morning

Very nice!

The 31st is full of fright
One day soon all will be in sight
One day, two day, three day four
The bear began to snore
Each day the bear counts down
One day two day, three day four
I swore I would not count till the night before
Now each day passes slower then molasses
I hope the day will soon come when the model 3 is born

Yeah, this thread is pretty streaky, huh?

We may be ultimately making this time feel longer by counting down the days, but I'd be checking these forums daily for Model 3 news regardless. Having a straight up countdown helps me keep my sanity.

It is, I feel I'm to blame for the latest slowdown. I'm 90% sure I'm going to get a used fusion energi because it will cost about half of a new 3 and the 20 electric miles will be enough for my commutes. Don't hate, have a healthy prostrate.

It is, I feel I'm to blame for the latest slowdown. I'm 90% sure I'm going to get a used fusion energi because it will cost about half of a new 3 and the 20 electric miles will be enough for my commutes. Don't hate, have a healthy prostrate.

The Fusion's a good-looking car. I looked into it before I bought my current hybrid, but ultimately decided against it because of the lack of trunk space (the big ol' battery takes up a lot of room). But I don't think you'll be disappointed with it.

You're already giving up the dream in lieu of a gas engine? Yeah, hybrid...whatever.

Well, something needs to hold you over until the Model ≡ comes out, but you make it sound like you've already convinced yourself that a Tesla isn't in your future. Trust me, never having to stand at a gas pump is one of the best things ever. You get home, you plug in (10 seconds) and you're done. Next morning you unplug (10 seconds) and you have a full "tank" to start your day. No -5 degrees standing at the gas pump in 2 inches of slush. Okay, maybe not those conditions in Texas, but you have your share of bad weather.

Even with a hybrid, you'll still need routine fluid changes and you'll have hundreds of parts that can and do go bad. And when have you ever heard of an ICE calling home to the mothership that a sensor failed or that you need to have something looked at before it becomes a problem? Cars don't do that, right? Tesla's do! I got a call last week to get a part replaced before it failed because Zoey (my Model S) called home. For 3 days they had my S 60 while I drove around in a P85+ loaner.

It's not just the car, it's the whole Tesla experience that's absolutely amazing. Really, really amazing!

We'll have to wait to see about features, but I'm pretty sure I don't ever want to buy another ICE again. Ever!

You're already giving up the dream in lieu of a gas engine? Yeah, hybrid...whatever.

Well, something needs to hold you over until the Model ≡ comes out, but you make it sound like you've already convinced yourself that a Tesla isn't in your future. Trust me, never having to stand at a gas pump is one of the best things ever. You get home, you plug in (10 seconds) and you're done. Next morning you unplug (10 seconds) and you have a full "tank" to start your day. No -5 degrees standing at the gas pump in 2 inches of slush. Okay, maybe not those conditions in Texas, but you have your share of bad weather.

Even with a hybrid, you'll still need routine fluid changes and you'll have hundreds of parts that can and do go bad. And when have you ever heard of an ICE calling home to the mothership that a sensor failed or that you need to have something looked at before it becomes a problem? Cars don't do that, right? Tesla's do! I got a call last week to get a part replaced before it failed because Zoey (my Model S) called home. For 3 days they had my S 60 while I drove around in a P85+ loaner.

It's not just the car, it's the whole Tesla experience that's absolutely amazing. Really, really amazing!

We'll have to wait to see about features, but I'm pretty sure I don't ever want to buy another ICE again. Ever!

This post brought a tear to my eye. I can't WAIT!

I want the Tesla experience, no doubt. I'm not in a good financial situation to have that experience, YET! I will feel out how this model 3 rollout goes and I anticipate buying a CPO m3 in 5-6 years.

I want the Tesla experience, no doubt. I'm not in a good financial situation to have that experience, YET! I will feel out how this model 3 rollout goes and I anticipate buying a CPO m3 in 5-6 years.

Refresh my memory (since this thread has gotten long), weren't you considering a used Volt too? Did that not work out? I'm just thinking you could probably get an off-lease 2013-14 Volt for something like $15-17K, good for about 40-45 electric miles in your climate, and you wouldn't have to worry about the ICE turning on under load. (Full disclosure: my previous lease was a 2013.)

There are many paths to Tesla glory. If the Model 3 product roadmap follows the Model S's, by 2021 or 2022 there will probably be some kind of Model 3 hardware refresh (bigger battery, additional/improved autopilot sensors, more efficient drivetrain, 10kW wireless charging, etc) that will spur the early-adopters to trade in their vehicles for the latest and greatest... so your plan may work out very well for you.

Just be aware to not just look at range. The Fusion has a less than 50hp motor than does 0-60 in a thrilling 15 seconds. For any normal driving experience you need to use the gasoline engine. Personally I'd look at a used Volt.

I'm jealous but in a similar financial situation. I am trying to pay down this 2012 Prius C, but it's taking an inordinate amount of time. Then the darn solar PV system balance will be staring at me (which will be woefully under-spec'd for EV charging, egads).

Refresh my memory (since this thread has gotten long), weren't you considering a used Volt too? Did that not work out? I'm just thinking you could probably get an off-lease 2013-14 Volt for something like $15-17K, good for about 40-45 electric miles in your climate, and you wouldn't have to worry about the ICE turning on under load. (Full disclosure: my previous lease was a 2013.)

There are many paths to Tesla glory. If the Model 3 product roadmap follows the Model S's, by 2021 or 2022 there will probably be some kind of Model 3 hardware refresh (bigger battery, additional/improved autopilot sensors, more efficient drivetrain, 10kW wireless charging, etc) that will spur the early-adopters to trade in their vehicles for the latest and greatest... so your plan may work out very well for you.
I was looking at a volt, albeit a new one. This tax credit info has killed that plan too. I wish they'd just give us 7500 and be done. I'm a teacher and my wife is a social worker so we'll never make enough to pay that much in taxes.

Hey Everyone

I've been lurking around for a few weeks and finally decided to register and say Hi. I love technology and Tesla but the S is currently out of reach. Even if I could afford it, I think it would be pretty hard to convince my husband (and myself) to plonk down that much cash on a vehicle. We use my husband's CUV for longer trips anyways and I prefer to drive a smaller car (currently an 07 G35 coupe) for my ~60 mile round trip daily commute. We are looking to replace the coupe (sad) with a family friendly car soon and the model 3 is the only electric vehicle I'm considering. This is going to be my first *new* vehicle purchase so I'm looking forward to the reveal next month!

Reactions: EVie'sDad
Hey Everyone

I've been lurking around for a few weeks and finally decided to register and say Hi.
Pikachu, welcome to the forums! Hmm, why's that name sound familiar...??

Pikachu.jpg