Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like Taycan prices are dropping rapidly as well

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While a lot here bemoan the rapid depreciation of the Plaid and LR (and rightly so), the Taycan isn’t doing much better even without the price manipulations that Tesla is doing. They are doing it naturally without any ”help” from Porsche. If it wasn’t for Tesla constantly adjusting the price, and roiling the used market, the S might be holding its value better than Taycans.

EV's are luxury cars, is the market perception. They are also depreciating assets. All luxury depreciating assets plummet during times like these, economically.

Depends on your personal situation. But it looks like the longest-range Taycan still has less range than the shortest-range Tesla.
Again we run into "real world" here with the range...

I think it should, its the same form factor as a VW Jetta for $200K

1707453033009.png

Taycan real world range is only a few miles less than model s.
I’m coming from a model x plaid 2023.

Just picked up a new Taycan GTS. Keep in mind I still have my 2013 S. Here are my Taycan Takeaways.

1. Don’t believe the Taycan range is lower than the lowest Tesla. Porsche severely underestimates their ranges. I’m getting exactly the same range as my plaid that was rated at 300-whatever. My taycan was rated around 200 and I’m getting more like 260, exactly what my Plaid got.

2. Quality of the taycan GTS is unbelievable. Interior leather and stitching is impeccable. What panel gaps? The car is individually inspected for perfection. Paint job is immaculate. Not a single imperfection the day of pickup.

3. My taycan is fully loaded on the tech. God I love the front parking cameras. There are a couple things I do miss. I miss my X adaptive cruise control. I’ll admit. It’s better than the taycan’s version. But I will have to say this - when you drive a taycan that feels like your driving a 911 when your in sport mode, you don’t care a lick about cruise control. I’ve had the taycan for 3 weeks now and haven’t blinked twice about the missing cruise control. my hands are always on the steering wheel.

4. Driving dynamics are incredible. In my short demo ride with a plaid s, the drive feel is night and day. Sure the plaid S will beat my GTS on the straight by .6 seconds or whatever, but wow almighty, the taycan feel and control on curves and corners is incredible. The model S plaid can’t touch it without the track package.

5. I miss YouTube and Netflix on the Tesla

6. I miss Tesla charging stations. I hate competing with all the other electric cars on earth for one of the 12 fast chargers at the mall. But this may go away soon when Elon opens up all the charging stations.

7. It’s nice to not see a million other cars that look exactly like yours. Taycans are relatively far and few in between in my area. And if you do see another one, they are like finger prints. No two are the same.

8. The worse thing is the price. My GTS is literally twice the cost of a Model S. 164K to be exact. If you’re talking about cost, I think one could argue that you get more for your buck with a S. I won’t argue that. But those of you who are also Porsche owners, we all know that it’s difficult to place a price tag on quality, excitement and exclusivity. And when Elon decides to build a high end vehicle with impeccable quality, I’ll certainly shell out the dough. Teslas are great values. 70-80K for Ferrari speed. Heck yeah.

9. Ah last thing. Service centers at Porsche can’t be beat. I hate my service center experiences with Tesla.

Last edited:
Lotsa headaches once NACS retrofitted/adapted, given the countintuitive charge port location on the back of front fender. They fixed that with the Macan, though given passenger side location it will still have a weird time lining up Superchargers.