Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like Tesla brought back the standard range Model S and X!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The arithmetic for Supercharger hopping in this car is pretty impressive:

I think the Tesla pack can average 200 kW for its bottom 50% SoC, so about 50 kWh for this 100 kWh pack. If 75 mph is 3 miles per kWh, then charge stops of 15 minutes every two hours (150 miles) of driving.

I'm tempted, although my wife is not inclined to spend that amount of money on *any* vehicle. I think I would, but I'm not a fan of buying low volume mass market cars.

Check their sources - store reps. Not terrifically reliable. Still possible, maybe probable. But I'll wait until one is spotted in the wild for confirmation.
For real.

Although that Sawyer Merritt muskhuffer that is probably Elon’s secret 11th child said so too and he’s about as close to official Tesla state media as you get now.

Why not just buy the LR then?

If they ever do an unlock it would probably cost $10k or more. Otherwise there would be no reason to buy the LR if you can buy the SR and unlock the missing range for less.

When they had the Model 3 SR that was unlockable to SR+, the upgrade was more than just buying the SR+ in the first place.

Well, it's a bit complicated but I've previously owned a MS Plaid, a Raven, and a P100D so I'm very familiar with the MS. I doubt that I would even need to unlock the SR based on my use case but it's just a security blanket that it could be done or when it's time to sell the vehicle. I don't really need a LR so the $10K savings on the front end is attractive to me.

To add more complexity into the equation, I don't have a vehicle at the moment and I'm really leaning towards the upcoming Highland as the potential first option. I want to see if the majority of the rumors actually end up coming to fruition before pulling the trigger on a replacement vehicle. Silly I know, but if the Highland is equipped with ventilated seats, ambient lighting, a larger battery, and a quicker 0-60 time, then I will def go in this direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
It's free $ in a software locked ransomed battery. Pay the man, the man gets the $ and flips the software switch, get a month. Don't pay the man $, no $ is made.
Being an option to do that at all would heavily disincentivize buying the longer range version though since most of us do not need the full capacity the vast majority of the tome

Now we know why Tesla introduced new pricing, it's not because of Lucid:

I wonder when VW is going to make this as a wagon?

It’s not europe unless its a “vagen”.