Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looks like the Bolt will take a little longer to come back.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RIP Bolt. The whole battery fire fiasco was the final shove of the dagger.
Though with the Blazer and Equinox EVs coming, the loss of the Bolt will probably barely be felt by GM.

No surprise the bolt will go away eventually?

It's more than half LG Chem and is old technology

Except that maybe they'll keep the Bolt branding. If you think about it, that's what manufacturers do with major refreshes of any model.
It can be a new engine, new transmission, new styling, and the same name.

Although it's "old", I think it has the key stuff available,and a number of good characteristics for anybody who doesn't need it for road-tripping.

$28k with heated seats (which forces some other useful options) is pretty good. No tax credit faff.

Honestly, I think if they were just able to up the DCFC and left everything else the same, it could fly off the lot.

Last edited:
Except that maybe they'll keep the Bolt branding. If you think about it, that's what manufacturers do with major refreshes of any model.
It can be a new engine, new transmission, new styling, and the same name.

Although it's "old", I think it has the key stuff available,and a number of good characteristics for anybody who doesn't need it for road-tripping.

$28k with heated seats (which forces some other useful options) is pretty good. No tax credit faff.

Honestly, I think if they were just able to up the DCFC and left everything else the same, it could fly off the lot.
Except the fire was a pr disaster so I can see burying the name, reminds me of the Pinto.

Reactions: Brando
gM on downward trend since mid 1960s. 57% US market share down to about 17% 2021.
If only Mary Barra got more than $116,000 per day, I'm sure she would fix things. /s
OH MY GAUCH!
1657816860399.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
There was never any question that the gen1 Bolt would eventually be retired from the lineup.

What is interesting is it sounds like there won't be a gen2 Bolt. That's a bit of a shame. I think the Bolt is easily the best small Chevy ever made! (Not that there's any tough competition there... 🤣) Seriously though, I'm not happy about the trend of crossovers above all else.