Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loonking for a 17 Model X P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I had been in the market for over 6 months looking for a Model X P100D.

I read a lot of threads and find that free supercharging and FSD will be stripped once the car resale. If we want to keep those features, looks like buying a used Tesla from 3rd party dealership is not the right path. Because need to keep original owner's account to retain the features (or you do not register with Tesla)
This policy is also confirmed from used Tesla advisor. --> Yes I am a P85D owner.

I am looking for one Model X P100D with FSD, free supercharging, premium connectivity. Is there anyone who is selling?

Many thanks and appreciate it

FSD is not stripped from the car unless Tesla is involved in the trade-in/sale. FSD transfers with private sales and 3rd party dealers (unless it was an auction buy for them after Tesla took it as a trade in). The key is that Tesla cannot have re-owned the car in the transition process.

Premium connectivity stays with the car if it was bought before June 2018. Of course, it is like FSD and if Tesla was back in possession of it at any time, they can alter the car configuration as they wish.

Free SC can stay with cars that are Jan 2017 and earlier. For any newer car, any transfer to another account should cause that to disappear. Were you suggesting that someone sell you their car but keep it on their account?

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
FSD is not stripped from the car unless Tesla is involved in the trade-in/sale. FSD transfers with private sales and 3rd party dealers (unless it was an auction buy for them after Tesla took it as a trade in). The key is that Tesla cannot have re-owned the car in the transition process.

Premium connectivity stays with the car if it was bought before June 2018. Of course, it is like FSD and if Tesla was back in possession of it at any time, they can alter the car configuration as they wish.

Free SC can stay with cars that are Jan 2017 and earlier. For any newer car, any transfer to another account should cause that to disappear. Were you suggesting that someone sell you their car but keep it on their account?
Thanks for reply. Yes I agree with 1 and 2 previously. For supercharging, cars before 2017 has free unlimited. I asked Tesla, they said they may strip SC in the future once new owner register the resale cars even it is manufactured before 2017.
I am not saying to keep on their account. But I found that the Tesla account can change email address. In this way we can avoid Tesla to strip FUSC after resale. If buying from a dealership they usually can’t reach the original owner and it is impossible to keep FUSC.

Reactions: Bigriver