Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost FSD after service visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you mean FSD Beta. You should ask service why they did a factory reset, since that’s pretty extreme and rarely necessary, but even with the reset you should still be in FSD Beta. Maybe your cameras need to recalibrate. Did service also install a different build than what you had before?

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I assume you mean FSD Beta. You should ask service why they did a factory reset, since that’s pretty extreme and rarely necessary, but even with the reset you should still be in FSD Beta. Maybe your cameras need to recalibrate. Did service also install a different build than what you had before?
That seems to be it. I was downgraded to 11.101.6 from 12.3.20 (?)

Maybe if I update it will show back?

Sent them an email. Thx

mmm, emailing that address is likely going to go nowhere (they won't respond).

I would contact your service center and tell them that you lost FSD beta due to them putting 11.101.6 or whatever on your car. Ask them if you will get FSD firmware when the next version gets pushed, or if they have a way to trigger HQ to re-push the current version to your car.

I tend to think that you'll be fine. Yes, you don't have fsdb now, but you'll get it back when 10.13 goes wide. Tesla uses VINs to track who is in the beta, so you should get the next version. They aren't looking at what non-FSDb version you're on to make the decision on whether it goes to your car.

There is a precedent for this: during the 10.3 rollout, there was a critical bug causing AEB to go off for no reason (horrible highway phantom braking). Tesla pushed a non-FSDb version to a lot of people in the closed beta, just to prevent the bad behavior. Later, all those people got back on the next FSDb version.

Reactions: mcvaughan
I talked to a tech he advised me that i should do a factory rest once a year. He mention that the cache in the computer just gets so filled once he had a 2013 model s and still had some routs store in the computer from 2013. It helps the computer run smoother. But I asked he if it would boot me out of FSD and he could not answer. here I am trying to do research on this forum.

I talked to a tech he advised me that i should do a factory rest once a year. He mention that the cache in the computer just gets so filled once he had a 2013 model s and still had some routs store in the computer from 2013. It helps the computer run smoother. But I asked he if it would boot me out of FSD and he could not answer. here I am trying to do research on this forum.
Yes, it'll boot you. But you may be able to send an email with your vin and get back in.

Sent them an email. Thx
I’m surprised this didn’t work. I had a theory that as long as you included enough info, a bot would see if you qualified for getting into the beta and if so, push it out to you without any human intervention. I wonder if it only checks against the original requirements and not if you’ve already been admitted into the beta.

Hopefully the upgrade bot (which probably definitely maybe) checks who has already been admitted into the beta will get you back in on the next version.

Sorry this happened to you. And thanks for the heads up. It’s good to know the beta is something we can (temporarily 🤞) lose during a service visit.