Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost FSD earlier this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a Tesla 2018 S 75R from a dealership in November 2019. It was sold having Autopilot and Free Unlimited Supercharging. I even called Tesla to confirm, prior to purchasing, if these two two items transferred to the new owner. I was put on a brief hold, where I am sure the rep asked someone else, and they came back on the phone and told me yes they did transfer to the new owner. So, I completed the sale. I went to the Tesla Service Center last week for some warranty work and again was told Autopilot was included after I started hearing some chatter about them taking it away from 3rd party purchases. On Wednesday (12 Feb) I finally got the phone app approval I had been waiting for months to get., even had to go to the Tesla Service Center where they had to get involved just a few weeks early, because Tesla blew me off with the on-line car transfer application process. Then just yesterday, I find out the Autopilot had been removed when driving the car and trying to engage it. I contacted Tesla and they attempted to shake me down for $3K, if I wanted the Basic Autopilot back. They also told me I don''t get the Unlimited Supercharging either, so a double whammy. I am so pissed, I can barely talk about it without getting extremely upset. Talk about wrecking the brand with this idiotic and unjust policy. I'm seriously considering getting rid of the car now as these features are what I really liked.

Owners don't know that these items don't transfer on the sale of their vehicle, just look at the forum sales where people have this as a selling item. I hope there were attorney's reading this nonsense by Tesla and are compiling a Class Action Lawsuit.

yeah this move seems like one of the oddest things ever. Wasn’t the autopilot factored into the price you paid for the car? That is what I am so confused about. It’s like they are stealing $3,000 worth of features after the sale. I don’t understand multiple time charges for software. Doesn’t make sense.

I bought a Tesla 2018 S 75R from a dealership in November 2019. It was sold having Autopilot and Free Unlimited Supercharging. I even called Tesla to confirm, prior to purchasing, if these two two items transferred to the new owner. I was put on a brief hold, where I am sure the rep asked someone else, and they came back on the phone and told me yes they did transfer to the new owner. So, I completed the sale. I went to the Tesla Service Center last week for some warranty work and again was told Autopilot was included after I started hearing some chatter about them taking it away from 3rd party purchases. On Wednesday (12 Feb) I finally got the phone app approval I had been waiting for months to get., even had to go to the Tesla Service Center where they had to get involved just a few weeks early, because Tesla blew me off with the on-line car transfer application process. Then just yesterday, I find out the Autopilot had been removed when driving the car and trying to engage it. I contacted Tesla and they attempted to shake me down for $3K, if I wanted the Basic Autopilot back. They also told me I don''t get the Unlimited Supercharging either, so a double whammy. I am so pissed, I can barely talk about it without getting extremely upset. Talk about wrecking the brand with this idiotic and unjust policy. I'm seriously considering getting rid of the car now as these features are what I really liked.

Owners don't know that these items don't transfer on the sale of their vehicle, just look at the forum sales where people have this as a selling item. I hope there were attorney's reading this nonsense by Tesla and are compiling a Class Action Lawsuit.
That sucks and I am sorry to hear that. Lessons learned for me as I always get things in writing when possible. This way at least I have some legal recourse or at least it makes it easier.
Good luck to you.

That sucks and I am sorry to hear that. Lessons learned for me as I always get things in writing when possible. This way at least I have some legal recourse or at least it makes it easier.
Good luck to you.
Thanks, I am trying to get the dealer that sold the vehicle to pay, as they advertised it as included. However, their line is, that it was included but Tesla took it away. So, they say it’s between me and Tesla. Either way this sucks and really tarnished the brand and the previous owners marketability.

yeah this move seems like one of the oddest things ever. Wasn’t the autopilot factored into the price you paid for the car? That is what I am so confused about. It’s like they are stealing $3,000 worth of features after the sale. I don’t understand multiple time charges for software. Doesn’t make sense.
I did factor it in to what I figured was a fair price. I figured I did my due diligence checking with Tesla first to get confirmation. Luckily, I kept notes and have dates/name of who I spoke with at Tesla. The dealer is trying to push it as me versus Tesla because Tesla took the features away. I had them for 3 months with no issue until I finally got the app approval link. To me this is total BS and is wasting significant amount of my time, not to mention loss of enjoyment of the features I lost.

I did factor it in to what I figured was a fair price. I figured I did my due diligence checking with Tesla first to get confirmation. Luckily, I kept notes and have dates/name of who I spoke with at Tesla. The dealer is trying to push it as me versus Tesla because Tesla took the features away. I had them for 3 months with no issue until I finally got the app approval link. To me this is total BS and is wasting significant amount of my time, not to mention loss of enjoyment of the features I lost.

Take the dealer to small claims court. Maybe take both the dealer and Tesla, hard to say.

Did the dealer buy the car at auction? If so, it might be the same situation as this thread: Tesla YANKED FSD option without notice - Class Action lawsuit? Any Lawyers here? [Resolved]

Take the dealer to small claims court. Maybe take both the dealer and Tesla, hard to say.

Did the dealer buy the car at auction? If so, it might be the same situation as this thread: Tesla YANKED FSD option without notice - Class Action lawsuit? Any Lawyers here? [Resolved]
It was DCH Toyota of Oxnard, as the dealer. They are apparently working with Enterprise to sell there used high end cars. They offered the car as having unlimited supercharging and enhanced cruise control, which were major factors in my purchase. Also, I just found out, when I tried to connect, that I also lost the premium subscription service from Tesla. I’m gong to the Tesla dealer today to find out a little more about what’s going on.

It was DCH Toyota of Oxnard, as the dealer. They are apparently working with Enterprise to sell there used high end cars. They offered the car as having unlimited supercharging and enhanced cruise control, which were major factors in my purchase. Also, I just found out, when I tried to connect, that I also lost the premium subscription service from Tesla. I’m gong to the Tesla dealer today to find out a little more about what’s going on.

Interesting. None of the Enterprise Teslas I have gotten as loaners have had AP, I didnt know they equipped their cars that way. But if the car had AP, it should have stayed.

Unlimited supercharging for a 2018 would have not transferred with the car, I think they ended that policy in Jan 2017. Premium connectivity is also not transferrable I believe.