Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Disk Space — Free Space to Restore Functionality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this message today too. Maybe a new firmware bug?

I know that back in 2020 this error message used to pop up for some reason, but that was before anyone knew how flash drives work. It makes no sense in today's modern world.

1701843247765.png

Upvote 0
I had the weirdest thing happen on my 2018 S, literally the very day/miles that my vehicle went out of the 1 year manuf. warranty, I got a USB error on my screen. But what was crazy is that while driving home from work a guy pulled up next to me to tell me that my rear lights were out. Mind you, my headlights were on and set to Auto. Instinctively I started twisting the wiper stalk, lol thinking it was my old X5! Lo and behold I got home and the rear lights were on. I tried the in-dash USB format, it seemed fine and yet nothing would get recorded for Sentry. A few days later I pulled my Samsung T7 but it was write protected and after hours trying every online trick I gave up and contacted Samsung to open up a ticket. In the interim I ordered another off Amazon and it literally showed up within hours. Now everything is back to normal fortunately.

Upvote 0
I just got that message for the first time today. Rebooting the car from the Safety menu didn't change anything. However, rebooting the MCU using the 2-wheel press and hold, I got a new error message: USB unit is malfunctioning - remove and re-insert. When I did that, all the error messages went away. I suspect that the original issue was with the USB stick, and re-inserting it cleaned up the problem.

Upvote 0
Just adding to the knowledge archive. I just had this issue when picking up my 2022 Model S plaid which was getting the tire swapped for winter. The text said that if you have a lot of map navigation history that this can happen which I do. He factory reset it and restored all my profiles and reported that the memory was nearly empty again.

I just had to repair my phone and autopilot had to recalibrate otherwise everything was back to normal.

Upvote 0
I got this message today too. Maybe a new firmware bug?

I know that back in 2020 this error message used to pop up for some reason, but that was before anyone knew how flash drives work. It makes no sense in today's modern world.

View attachment 996894
I Just received my 2022 Model Y P back from service this late afternoon (it was in for a replacement of a faulted PCS (Power Conversion System). When I picked up the car, I too had the same warning on my display. Service manager stated that it was a bug nationwide related to the recent software update and that a simple reboot would solve the issue. My warning went away and hasn't returened as of yet. Additionally, I was told that this was not an issue related to the camera or sentry mode system. Work was provided at the Upland California service center December 28-29, 2023.

Upvote 0