Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering Springs: TSportline vs Unplugged vs Eibach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

So I've done a search and didn't find any comprehensive comparisons of these products for the Model 3. I'm sure this is a question many that are considering springs have though.

Looking for a set for my Dual Motor that:
  1. Changes 4x4 wheel gap to acceptable levels (sure, they all do this)
  2. Softens or maintains the OEM ride just a bit (this is the one I'm really looking for feedback on)
Driving: The car is a daily driver, so not looking for track like performance out of my suspension and do not plan any other suspension mods in the future. Some increased performance during spirited driving would be welcomed, of course.

Can anyone chime in on how the aforementioned brands fit this bill please?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Cowby
I have Unplugged springs in my car since about 2 months.

I have another thread here that will tell you everything about my experience with them.

However, in short, the Unplugged Springs are noisy, clunky and I’ve had to go back to the shop 2 times to get them swapped to another type of spring.

So, I would not recommend UP springs unless you want to deal with a headache

• Informative
It's coilovers or nothing. The oem dampers can't handle the moderates and tsports and many have reported worse rides especially in less than perfect roads. If it's purely aesthetics and you don't mind a decrease in ride quality, then springs are fine. But if it's me, I would do it right the first time and not waste time and labor in the future.

Reactions: reif.erik
Hey, is there a "Classifieds" forum anywhere? I'm sorry to add to this post, but it seemed like the most recent and relevant one.

I've got an unopened box of Unplugged Performance moderate springs for LR RWD (which would also work for SR and SR+). I'm in the Bay Area. DM me if there's any interest.

I've decided to wait until the New Car Warranty expires before doing anything noteworthy to my car.

I just had Eibachs installed on my LR AWD w/ aeros a little over a week ago by Unplugged Performance (yes, for real...I wanted their Milds but it's still on backorder for 1-2 more months). I found the stock ride choppy, and so far the Eibachs don't seem to be any better or worse. Around town I cannot notice much of a difference, but it's definitely not worse. More spirited driving is where you'll notice the difference. It feels more planted and confident taking high speed corners now. I haven't had them long enough for anymore insights than that, plus new shoes and wheels go on tomorrow. I like them so far...zero noise and have not bottomed out yet. Drop is pretty even all around...27-27.25" ground to fender with the aeros. Will update with pics after wheels go on and a much needed wash.

Done! See sig for specs...

Eibach Releases Performance Pack Lowering Springs

IMG_3240.jpg

Sorry we missed this thread. A few updates:

We got Tezla1's spring noise resolved and is now a quiet ride. Thank you Tezla1 for the opportunity to make that right for you. We are terribly sorry that you had an abnormal experience with the first set but we are happy that the new set is operating as expected/designed with silence and engineered performance.

Latimerluis - All of our springs are matched exactly for the car and our LR RWD Moderates are perfectly paired for the LR RWD but are not paired for the SR battery pack. We are engineering a SR battery pack specific spring.

Aspec818 - Our moderates were tested by teslanomics on the youtube here for ride quality on the stock shocks and have since been in use on over 1000 cars over multiple years.

BigBleuu - Thanks for coming by for install. Sorry our Milds are not yet ready but we are doing some extra special engineering on our newest batch of Milds. I can guarantee you they'll be the most comfortable spring ever made for the Model 3 when they're ready. When the time comes lets talk and we can work out a deal on free labor to get you a more comfortable than stock ride. The way our Milds work with two linear spring rates allows us to go almost 30% softer on the primary spring rate (around town) and then our secondary rate still retains factory levels of firmness when g forces are loaded up on the spring. The complexity (and cost) of the engineering and production of the the dual linear rates enables this and the balance of finely tuned spring rates without performance loss just isn't possible with single linear or progressive springs. We took the hard way with a more costly engineering and development cycle which has had its challenges for sure, but the end result we stand behind 100% as the ultimate spring.

BigBleuu - Thanks for coming by for install. Sorry our Milds are not yet ready but we are doing some extra special engineering on our newest batch of Milds. I can guarantee you they'll be the most comfortable spring ever made for the Model 3 when they're ready. When the time comes lets talk and we can work out a deal on free labor to get you a more comfortable than stock ride. The way our Milds work with two linear spring rates allows us to go almost 30% softer on the primary spring rate (around town) and then our secondary rate still retains factory levels of firmness when g forces are loaded up on the spring. The complexity (and cost) of the engineering and production of the the dual linear rates enables this and the balance of finely tuned spring rates without performance loss just isn't possible with single linear or progressive springs. We took the hard way with a more costly engineering and development cycle which has had its challenges for sure, but the end result we stand behind 100% as the ultimate spring.

Thanks for the offer. I may just take you up on it, when they're finally available and the next time I'm down south again.

Reactions: UnpluggedP
I have Unplugged springs in my car since about 2 months.

I have another thread here that will tell you everything about my experience with them.

However, in short, the Unplugged Springs are noisy, clunky and I’ve had to go back to the shop 2 times to get them swapped to another type of spring.

So, I would not recommend UP springs unless you want to deal with a headache

Update on this:

I have an appointment with UP this week. They reached out to me, which was a nice gesture.

They seem very eager to help with the noise issues with the UP springs.

So, I'm going in this week and hope to have the issue resolved.

Will post an update Friday.

Reactions: CA4Fun
BigBluu, how do you like the ride on the Eibachs? Is the ride more firm or softer/comfortable? I have TSportline springs on my LR DM M3 and they are just too bouncy on anything but smooth pavement. Looking for a smoother than stock ride without giving up the lowered stance. I'm really hoping Unplugged Performance springs will do the trick.

It's been a couple of months now with the springs/wheels/tires setup and I have no regrets, but I came from a lowered S4 so am used to that kind of ride. Around town, there's no noticeable difference from stock (18's), but spirited driving definitely feels more confident. I felt that the stock springs were a tad harsh to begin with in the city. From what UP is claiming, their Milds should be softer around town but still sporty when needed. They were my first choice, but I just couldn't wait any longer for them to be back in stock. And from what I've read, TSportline springs are just relabeled Eibachs. They certainly didn't manufacture the springs themselves.

• Informative
Reactions: NJturtlePower
BigBluu, how do you like the ride on the Eibachs? Is the ride more firm or softer/comfortable? I have TSportline springs on my LR DM M3 and they are just too bouncy on anything but smooth pavement. Looking for a smoother than stock ride without giving up the lowered stance. I'm really hoping Unplugged Performance springs will do the trick.

This is surprising to read - everyone with Sportline springs say the ride is better than stock. Is it possible that they were not installed properly?

All springs will make the car bumpy and worse than stock without proper shocks. Anyone saying it’s better than stock is most likely lying or is used to lowered suspensions. I would probably tell you it’s better than stock because I lower all my cars.

Conclusions: Get Coilovers

• Informative
Reactions: SODL and Cowby
so whats the consensus then? i want to drop my car about a 1 inch. lr awd model, i dont plan on racing anywhere, i keep 2 carseats in the back and just want a better look and slightly less bumpy feel than stock. i'd like an even drop and dont want to go more than an inch since my driveway is a decent incline, along with NJ winters. in case it matters i am on a 20" staggered summer setup and will be on an 18x8.5" sq winter setup (gramlight CR7s)

is tsportline the way to go in my scenario?

Reactions: NJturtlePower