Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering Springs: TSportline vs Unplugged vs Eibach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had Eibachs installed on my LR AWD w/ aeros a little over a week ago by Unplugged Performance (yes, for real...I wanted their Milds but it's still on backorder for 1-2 more months). I found the stock ride choppy, and so far the Eibachs don't seem to be any better or worse. Around town I cannot notice much of a difference, but it's definitely not worse. More spirited driving is where you'll notice the difference. It feels more planted and confident taking high speed corners now. I haven't had them long enough for anymore insights than that, plus new shoes and wheels go on tomorrow. I like them so far...zero noise and have not bottomed out yet. Drop is pretty even all around...27-27.25" ground to fender with the aeros. Will update with pics after wheels go on and a much needed wash.

Hi, - Anything to report about range improvements with the lowered springs?

Hi, - Anything to report about range improvements with the lowered springs?

Improvements? Haha! My range is shot and I don't care! Seriously though, I'm on the Eibachs plus 19" wheels and wider (265) summer tires. I did not expect to get better range. I'm pretty sure it's all due to the wider, stickier, less efficient tires. I have a short daily commute so I'm fine with it. On a recent winter road trip from the Bay Area to Palm Springs, I got around 65% of rated range.

• Informative
Reactions: NJturtlePower
so whats the consensus then? i want to drop my car about a 1 inch. lr awd model, i dont plan on racing anywhere, i keep 2 carseats in the back and just want a better look and slightly less bumpy feel than stock. i'd like an even drop and dont want to go more than an inch since my driveway is a decent incline, along with NJ winters. in case it matters i am on a 20" staggered summer setup and will be on an 18x8.5" sq winter setup (gramlight CR7s)

is tsportline the way to go in my scenario?
Go with the TSportline. I have them and love the stance!

Improvements? Haha! My range is shot and I don't care! Seriously though, I'm on the Eibachs plus 19" wheels and wider (265) summer tires. I did not expect to get better range. I'm pretty sure it's all due to the wider, stickier, less efficient tires. I have a short daily commute so I'm fine with it. On a recent winter road trip from the Bay Area to Palm Springs, I got around 65% of rated range.

Side note...Love those Stance SF07's! I have a set coming myself soon in 19X8.5 +35 running 245/40/19 summer rubber so hope to see a bit better efficiency than yours.

Debating the lowering springs...I thought I would never do it but you know how it is. Wondering if the latest UP Mild springs have worked out all the noise and clunking issues, but if not 1" is about as low as I want to go.

@Burrito Did you ever take the plunge? I'm in Hunterdon Co. NJ, are you in any of the local FB Tesla groups?

I have UP Super Performance on my Model 3 Performance. Definitively lowered it; the wheel well/fender top is right around 27” for the front and 27 1/4- 1/2 for the rears. Ride is more comfortable, compliant on bumps, but more firm when needed. Definitely worth the cost. I’ve scraped once on a parking curb (i also have their front lip spoiler) and went over a speed bump too fast and scraped . Nothing but very minor damage; I’m more careful now. Not the best picture, but definitely lower.

upload_2020-2-29_9-42-32.jpeg

Reactions: Mr X and Firehuntah
I have UP Super Performance on my Model 3 Performance. Definitively lowered it; the wheel well/fender top is right around 27” for the front and 27 1/4- 1/2 for the rears. Ride is more comfortable, compliant on bumps, but more firm when needed. Definitely worth the cost. I’ve scraped once on a parking curb (i also have their front lip spoiler) and went over a speed bump too fast and scraped . Nothing but very minor damage; I’m more careful now. Not the best picture, but definitely lower.

View attachment 516464
Looks good!

Side note...Love those Stance SF07's! I have a set coming myself soon in 19X8.5 +35 running 245/40/19 summer rubber so hope to see a bit better efficiency than yours.

Debating the lowering springs...I thought I would never do it but you know how it is. Wondering if the latest UP Mild springs have worked out all the noise and clunking issues, but if not 1" is about as low as I want to go.

@Burrito Did you ever take the plunge? I'm in Hunterdon Co. NJ, are you in any of the local FB Tesla groups?

Hey, i did get lowering springs, i went with tsportline 1" drop, so far been great, no noise or issues at all. my efficiency seems to be around the same, but i also swapped wheels at the same time so i cant be sure but with my winter setup (245/18s) i'm around 290-300ish wh/mi in NJ cold.

i have a set of stance SF07s coming too!, 19x9.5 with 265 summer tires to replace my vorstiener vff107s in a 20" staggered setup. i'm in the NJ tesla 3 fb group

Reactions: NJturtlePower
I'm about to purchase Eibachs for my SR and just doing my last round of research.
Eibachs have been doing suspension forever and has a specific fitment for the SRs with 1.3" F / 1.2" R

Tsportline lists less of a drop for SR, so it seems they are using LR RWD springs on the SR.
UP has SR specific springs but the Milds don't seem like enough drop at 0.7" and the Moderates seem like too much 1.5". Also there is still hit or miss noise issues.
I've run H&Rs on other cars and liked them, but doesn't seem to be many Teslas using them.

Anyone have any negative experience with Eibachs on a Model 3?
Anyone have pics? Yes I know of the Eibach/SR thread and there is only 1 vehicle pictured there.

So, I recently contacted Unplugged and they are backed up for 4 weeks on their coils. Has anyone had better timelines with other companies? I feel like after all this time, unplugged would be able to get their supplies in stock for customers, I see that this thread has been running since fall of 2019. If anyone has a better company with faster timelines, please shoot me a message so, I can get this done ASAP.

So, I recently contacted Unplugged and they are backed up for 4 weeks on their coils. Has anyone had better timelines with other companies? I feel like after all this time, unplugged would be able to get their supplies in stock for customers, I see that this thread has been running since fall of 2019. If anyone has a better company with faster timelines, please shoot me a message so, I can get this done ASAP.

I got springs from Eibach in a couple of days.
Installed them yesterday and very happy so far.

I got springs from Eibach in a couple of days.
Installed them yesterday and very happy so far.

Do you know what the drop is for the front and back? I have a LR AWD M3. Its weird saying M3. Cause I also have a BMW M3, but I guess Tesla folks call the model 3, M3 too. Also, did you just take it to a shop or do it yourself? I was wondering that the average price to get those installed at a shop runs someone.

Installed non-perf eibachs on an awd 1-2 weeks ago...

The car is ~1" lower all around 26 7/8" F 27" R Ground to fender lip w/19" oem wheels. Have pics on another lowering thread.

I found the springs nice but stiffer than stock; still pleasurable to drive and a lot better to look at. Big dips in the road are NOT fun (Bay area people fast lane in the Caldecott tunnel wb). Car does seem more stable in the corners at 40-55mph though i haven't done any high speed turns to see if its still bouncy. (blocked by covid and rain) Alignment/camber isnt bad at 1" on my car.

bondo

I found the springs nice but stiffer than stock; still pleasurable to drive and a lot better to look at. Big dips in the road are NOT fun (Bay area people fast lane in the Caldecott tunnel wb). Car does seem more stable in the corners at 40-55mph though i haven't done any high speed turns to see if its still bouncy. (blocked by covid and rain) Alignment/camber isnt bad at 1" on my car.

bondo

Did you trim the bump stops?