Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering Springs: TSportline vs Unplugged vs Eibach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed a full Eibach Pro-Plus kit on my 2018 LR RWD......lowering springs plus front and rear adjustable sway bars. By my measurements it dropped the car about 1 1/4" in the front and 3/4" in the rear so far. Much closer to level now as I was seeing about a 1/2" difference front to rear prior.

IMO this is how the car should look and drive from the factory! Corners flatter and more confident, ride is actually softer on road imperfections and now it looks like it performs.

Used the extended bolts recommended here for the rear Eibach sway brackets and set both front and rear to the softest setting to start dialing things in. :D

Before & After.....
IMG_3607.JPG
IMG_3608.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_3585.JPEG
    IMG_3585.JPEG
    605 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_3598.JPEG
    IMG_3598.JPEG
    606.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3604.JPEG
    IMG_3604.JPEG
    776.4 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_3605.JPEG
    IMG_3605.JPEG
    524.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3606.JPEG
    IMG_3606.JPEG
    601.2 KB · Views: 244
Just had Unplugged Performacne Mild spring installed on my SR+ on Wednesday. Ride quality is good and I can't tell the difference from stock. Went from a 4 finger gap to a 2 finger gap.

View attachment 546029

Unplugged Mild as well. 1 inch drop contrary to UP's website stating .75. That was for Gen 1 springs. They are more refined and slightly lower now. Ride feels slightly softer compared to stock which surprised me. Feels more planted when driving, handles better in turns and rids of the ugly 4x4 wheel gap. And a small efficiency gain is only a plus.

This is the Gen 3 of Unplugged springs and they offer warranty on basically everything related to the springs. Any issues that may occur are all covered. Great experience with David. Highly recommend UP springs if you want your car lowered. This is my first time lowering a car. Took me 6 months to decide. Endless research and going back and forth between different brands. Determined UP was the best overall.

$702 for springs and install at UP in Hawthorne. They were done in ~40 minutes. Then an alignment right down the street which was only $65 so $767 total.

Very happy. Now, the true test is if the car will have any issues over time, but I'm not worried since UP has you covered.

Ej7AfUM.jpg

Z8Ve7Ej.jpg

omg! beautiful color!

how was the chamber and toe after lowering?

how do you like it so far?

Unplugged Mild as well. 1 inch drop contrary to UP's website stating .75. That was for Gen 1 springs. They are more refined and slightly lower now. Ride feels slightly softer compared to stock which surprised me. Feels more planted when driving, handles better in turns and rids of the ugly 4x4 wheel gap. And a small efficiency gain is only a plus.

This is the Gen 3 of Unplugged springs and they offer warranty on basically everything related to the springs. Any issues that may occur are all covered. Great experience with David. Highly recommend UP springs if you want your car lowered. This is my first time lowering a car. Took me 6 months to decide. Endless research and going back and forth between different brands. Determined UP was the best overall.

$702 for springs and install at UP in Hawthorne. They were done in ~40 minutes. Then an alignment right down the street which was only $65 so $767 total.

Very happy. Now, the true test is if the car will have any issues over time, but I'm not worried since UP has you covered.

Ej7AfUM.jpg

Z8Ve7Ej.jpg

I did a DIY install of the Eibach and cannot be happier. Should have done it sooner.
A quick before and after shot (tried to get same angle)
IMG_20191002_133633.jpg

I posted complete DIY instruction along with many subtleties of doing this as a DIY in the garage without a lift and some tools needed.
A few observations: the car does settle down, 1" in my case, after I installed springs and then drove around just a few miles for 2 days before going to alignment shop. The tow only needed slight adjustment. I have driven for ~750 miles since and my lifetime has dropped by 10Wh/mi. Not season, IMHO, because I was steady for a while. Ride is way smoother, handles just as good as before,- more neutral is that's a thing.

Trying to order Eibach lowering spring for 2021 LR AWD (expecting delivery in 2-3 weeks). Anyone have information if springs are the same for 2020 vs 2021. Called Eibach and they said they dont have information on 2021 springs yet. Any help is appreciated

T Sportline here. As mentioned do your research and you’ll have a 95% approval rating of them. I cannot speak for others but if you don’t want to redo your suspension...I’d stick to popular opinion.
View attachment 544706
I also have TSportline for my Mid range plus RWD but it appears my front is an inch higher than the rear after 5 months installed so I think there is something wrong. I measure ground to fenders and my rear is 27 1/4” while the front is 28 3/8”. My mechanic who installed them said a better measurement is center of wheel to fender which mine are 14.5” rear and 15.5” front. I was wondering if you would mind letting me know these measurements on is because the drop looks much more even than mine.
+1 for Tsportline springs. The 1 inch drop rides very smooth and makes the look of the car overall wheel gap/look really sport compared to Lexus/Mercedes/BMW stock stance.

View attachment 439732

Not the best picture since it was shot in direct sunlight.
Hi, I also have TSportline for my Midrange plus RWD but my rear has dropped an inch more than the front and I think there may be a problem with the springs or installation. Based on what I'm reading in this thread, the measurement from ground to fender should be about 27.5 inches for F/R. My rear is 27-1/4" rear while the front is 25-1/4". It's visibly noticeable in the pics. The shop that installed them is looking into my issue and suggested a better measurement is from center of wheel cap to fender since tire pressure or overall tire diameter can affect ground to fender height. Mine is 14-1/2" rear and 15-1/2" front. I was hoping you could let me know what these measurements are on your car or any other members on here who also have TSportline springs on their Model 3?
left.jpg
right.jpg

Which version of the springs did you choose?
I’m actually on UP moderates now. T-sportline wasn’t low enough for me. I agree with @Mr X post above. V1 UP springs made noises but they rectified it with Gen 2 and 3. Backwards rake on T-sportlines after awhile like @MM3SJ and was not even. That’s why I switched to UP and been happy since.

Everyone that speaks about UP spring noises is old news ~2 years ago. UP has a great warranty even post install. That’s why I went with them.
AFAB939C-352E-4DC9-BC40-E7A9F893EE63.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m actually on UP moderates now. T-sportline wasn’t low enough for me. I agree with @Mr X post above. V1 UP springs made noises but they rectified it with Gen 2 and 3. Backwards rake on T-sportlines after awhile like @MM3SJ and was not even. That’s why I switched to UP and been happy since.

Everyone that speaks about UP spring noises is old news ~2 years ago. UP has a great warranty even post install. That’s why I went with them.
View attachment 628968

First, car looks great! These are definitely lower than many of the other springs out there and is probably the lowest I would ever consider going. Glad to hear that there are no more noise issues with the UP springs. I'm a bit curious how they solved the problem. Definitely though, they stand by their products and are very great guys to deal with.

First, car looks great! These are definitely lower than many of the other springs out there and is probably the lowest I would ever consider going. Glad to hear that there are no more noise issues with the UP springs. I'm a bit curious how they solved the problem. Definitely though, they stand by their products and are very great guys to deal with.
If I remember correctly V1 had no coil wraps so the spring coils hit each other. That’s what V2 is. Then they improved on the shape of the spring from feedback on the coil wraps and now it’s V3. I actually called UP and they confirmed I was on V3 and said all their precision versions are trashed.

The guys at UP are great to work with. They stand behind their product and they were / are the first to ever push any product from the ground up.

View attachment 628968
Your ride looks great with those springs! I think that would be a little too low for me since my wife drives the car so I ended up going with Eibach. Still waiting for them to arrive sometime around end of Feb/early Mar due to their inventory issues and will replace the TSportlines.