Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H&R Lowering Springs for Tesla Model 3 4WD incl. performance 30/30mm part no. 28659-1
Thanks. Just started the order. Doing it through Les Schwab Tires. Got a discount on the springs, install and alignment will be under $800. Was going to DIY but that price makes it worth me letting them do it. Looking forward to it, I’ve got the referral wheels on. Just need to change the caliper colors and be done for a bit.

Reactions: Cyclone1
Eibach with 14 mm and 20 mm H&R on the dark wheels before and after and compare with stock p

Attachments

• DB03110E-C379-46DD-AC4D-FF9C72F9AFB0.jpeg
    DB03110E-C379-46DD-AC4D-FF9C72F9AFB0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2,508
  • 65344B70-C359-4FA3-A4D4-F9769B23A75D.jpeg
    65344B70-C359-4FA3-A4D4-F9769B23A75D.jpeg
    704.9 KB · Views: 536
Thanks. Just started the order. Doing it through Les Schwab Tires. Got a discount on the springs, install and alignment will be under $800. Was going to DIY but that price makes it worth me letting them do it. Looking forward to it, I’ve got the referral wheels on. Just need to change the caliper colors and be done for a bit.
Nice. I just called my local Les Schwab and they wanted about $1000 for everything.

$475 for the springs
$400 for installation
$110 for alignment

I only had the car a couple of weeks before I had the springs installed and it has been a year and a half now. UnPlugged is about 100 miles away from my home, so I paid close attention to the ride on the way to get them installed and definitely noticed a significant improvement in ride quality on the way home.
Love the fit of the wheels and tires. What offset are those rims? Are you using any spacers?

Also have you had any problems with the springs? How is NVH? Are the springs quite or are you getting clicking with them as others have reported? I'm trying to decide on UP Milds vs TSportlines. I want minimal drop with improved street feel, and no more bucking fore/aft oscillations from the crap standard setup.

Love the fit of the wheels and tires. What offset are those rims? Are you using any spacers? Also have you had any problems with the springs? How is NVH? Are the springs quite or are you getting clicking with them as others have reported?

Wheel offset is +30, no spacers. I've had no issues with NVH. Over the course of 20 months and 8 track days I have experienced no strange clicking or popping sounds. I still plan to get coilovers for on-track performance eventually, but for less than $700, including tax and installation, the mild springs have been a worthwhile interim option.

Reactions: ElectricGhost