Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just lowered my long range RWD with TSportline springs and have some rear rake going on. The rears are about a half inch lower than the fronts, which really annoys me. I lowered an AWD with the TSportline springs, and the gaps were perfect front to back. I am wondering, does it take time for this to settle? Anyone else have an issue with the RWD springs from them?

Not the first time I've heard about that.

No front or rear rake with my Unplugged springs. My blue 3 on UP Milds. 1 inch drop

3a2Iuau.jpg

Rear tire measures from center to left side of fender: 15" to right side of fender: 16" to top edge of fender: 14.50"
Front tire measures from center to left side of fender: 15" to right side of fender: 16" to top edge of fender: 15.25"
It’s confusing what you’re trying to say. What is left and right side of fender? When ppl measure the hub to fender, they only measure the center of the wheel hub to the top of the fender. And mm’s are a more accurate unit than inches when you’re tying to compare the drop.

And post pictures of your rake.

I have seen a shop install the front springs upside down, resulting in excessive front ride height. It is also possible they sent you AWD springs which would be different to account for the additional front motor. Please post a few pictures of your front spring setup so we can have a look, just turn your steering wheel all the way and take a pic!

Thanks for your help! I know my post about height was confusing. Basically its a half inch higher on the front if I measure from the ground to the edge of the fender (ground is flat). Here are some picsView attachment 586346View attachment 586347

Sorry, I can't see anything wrong with the installation there! Hopefully you can get some help from the company that sold them to you.

I'd ask them for a shop they recommend in your area and take it there to inspect. If it's an install issue, then you'd have to pay out of pocket to correct. If it's a hardware issue, then T-Sportline should pay for the shop's labor. Alternatively, though not convenient, make the long drive to them and they could inspect it - I realize Los Gatos is quite far from you.

I've had a similar situation with springs on a previous ICE car. The seller/manufacturer blamed it on install and I showed them the invoice for the install from the dealer and proved to them it was a senior mechanic at the dealer that installed many sets of springs. It was painful but they ended up replacing my springs albeit reluctantly.

Unfortunately it sounds like TSportline wants to blow you off. If they truly cared about customer service, they'd be the ones to suggest taking detailed pictures for you to submit for their review and offer some solution.

@diggity, above @MountainPass asks "It is also possible they sent you AWD springs which would be different to account for the additional front motor." Do you or anyone else know if TSportline in fact uses a different spring for the AWD vs RWD LR cars? I'm confident that the springs between AWD and RWD should be different but don't know if in fact they would be different in this case.

The eibachs are out of stock and I was considering Tsportline with their sale bringing the price it closer to the eibach but this issue and service does have me concerned about Tsportline. Hopefully they are able to help you with a solution.
If you are looking for springs, it seems to me Eibach and H&R have the least problems. Some UP springs have had noise issues although that may be solved now and obviously if you have an issue with TSportline this is an example of what you might expect.

PM me your ZIP code, maybe we can help find you a shop!

This is a great offer of service and shows that if you buy MPP products you will get post sales support from MPP rather than a blame game. However, even if MPP recommends a reputable shop in your area, TSportline may not agree to the shop's competency so you really need to get them onboard wherever you take it. Very easy for them to say they no nothing about the shop regardless of the fact it is truly reputable.

Reactions: bcpm3p