Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's my car(literally)! I love the finished product. I was very hesitant and naturally skeptical of any improvement in ride while also dropping the car. I noticed a difference in ride quality with out a doubt. I had the newer spring set up from Tesla and over 1,000 miles on them for reference. I could immediately tell the difference driving down the road from their shop. The small variations in the road, and hitting that bumpy railroad crossing next to the Hyperloop pod tester was definitely absorbed better with these moderate springs. I haven't cornered too hard or put that secondary rate to the test, but first impressions were extremely positive. Good product. I definitely recommend them. PM me if you have any questions. I'll answer as best I can. As an added plus, they answered all of my questions, returned my annoying emails and were obviously familiar with everything Tesla. They worked with my tight schedule and got the install done quickly(closer to 2hours than 3). Keep up the good work!
Did you have problems with clearance?

Here is my SR+ lowered on UP Moderate springs. Installed BLOX 15/20mm spacers as well. Haven't noticed much of a change in driving dynamics, but it looks a lot better.

View attachment 410618

View attachment 410620

Hey after a year now how has your car been with the Moderate drop? I'm getting real close to deciding on springs for my SR+ and I really admire the Moderate drop the most. I really should just pick some springs and go through with this. Taking forever for me to decide!

can someone with a LR RWD provide some reviews here?
lowering springs or coilovers? which one? any spirit driving, autox, or track? how did it impact your daily driving?
any feedback are highly appreciated.

Coilovers are always the better option. I put the UP Mild springs on my 2018 LR RWD right after I got it in Sept 2018. For the cost, they have been a decent option. I like the look of the ~1" drop, and they feel better than stock on the street, AX and at the track. But, they are not a great long-term solution. To take it to the next level requires full coilover replacement so that you have dampers that match the springs.

BAB11286-CC87-48DB-A15E-C533B097585E.jpeg

2361E8DF-23E9-4965-BC09-D16BB93760C4.jpeg

I just lowered my long range RWD with TSportline springs and have some rear rake going on. The rears are about a half inch lower than the fronts, which really annoys me. I lowered an AWD with the TSportline springs, and the gaps were perfect front to back. I am wondering, does it take time for this to settle? Anyone else have an issue with the RWD springs from them?

So, TSportline told me that they have never had a problem with their springs and that I should contact the installation shop. Install shop said that the spring installation is straight forward. So I am not sure. I am hoping that if I give it a week, they will settle. But, I really didn't like TSportline's response to me as they didn't know what could cause the reverse rake from installation. Overall, the fingers pointing at each other doesn't leave me feeling all that great. Any input or thoughts or suggestions is very much appreciated.

So, TSportline told me that they have never had a problem with their springs and that I should contact the installation shop. Install shop said that the spring installation is straight forward. So I am not sure. I am hoping that if I give it a week, they will settle. But, I really didn't like TSportline's response to me as they didn't know what could cause the reverse rake from installation. Overall, the fingers pointing at each other doesn't leave me feeling all that great. Any input or thoughts or suggestions is very much appreciated.
What are the actual measurements from the centre of the wheel to the edge of the fender at each corner?