Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recognize this kuldesak! I think I have actually seen your car around town. Cool to see you on here!

Car looks good with the meaty tires and drop you got going on.

Thanks, I'm liking the "meaty" tire choice. They look less stretched out on the 8.5" rim and provide more protection from impact and curbs without a noticeable "impact" on range and ride. Not everyone's taste though...

That is Whiting Ranch wilderness park in the background. Were in OC are you located? I see so many 3's now, even a new grey one down the street from me. My neighbor has both and S and X...and enough solar panels to power the block.

I swear, multicoat red is better every time I see it.

Not lowering related but the multicoat red over blue metallic was a close call but it has grown on me as well. Used to prefer the "candy apple" red Mazda offers over the Tesla MCR (both for a premium of course) but after a couple of months seeing ours in all lighting conditions I LOVE my red, especially on this car. It looks sporty and classy without trying for a show-car look.

Oh BTW, here’s how it looks now. Got the chrome delete, 19” TST wheels, and tinted all around. Really thinking about lowering it now w/ the 1” Tsportline springs as well.

View attachment 322625

View attachment 322626

The right springs would really complete the great look you already have. Just do it! You'll be glad you did. Made all the difference in the world to me.

The UP Milds look pretty good on 20's, similiar to Tsportlines. Ill be going with whichever one is higher.
Unplugged-Performance-Dual-Rate-Lowering-Springs-Tesla-Model-3-Mild_SILVER-04.jpg
Unplugged-Performance-Dual-Rate-Lowering-Springs-Tesla-Model-3-Mild_SILVER-02.jpg

Has anyone put spacers on the T-Sportline wheels?

From their spec sheet it looks like the T-Sportline wheel offset is +35, whereas the stock wheels are +40.

I believe this means that the T-Sportline wheels are +5mm further out to begin with. Thus, 15mm spacers on T-Sportlines would act like +20mm spacers on stock wheels. Correct?

And from other comments, +20mm on the front wheels be pushing right to the edge of the fender ...

I'm also curious how deep the pocket is on the T-Sportlines, to contain the stock wheel bolts when using a spacer...

Thanks.

that's my understanding as well essentially +20 makes it to edge of fender for the front, but the rears, just eyeballing looks like wheels needs more negative offset (or larger spacers) to make it flush for square setups, it's as if the car is made for stagger...

also, when lowered, you may need to add a wee bit more negative (or larger spacer) offset as the suspension pivots inwards slightly as car gets lower even if camber is aligned to factory specs

Reactions: Alketi
Alert!!!

I just sat in a performance Model 3 yesterday. and there is no way I'm dropping it down. Elon was correct....its already dropped down enough with the 20 inch wheels. It looks perfect.

You might be right. Jalopnik just put out their Model 3 Performance review, which included a number of pix. Drop looks about right, for me at least, in them!

sghkfnuwckmiggthccuo.jpg
o0aiy2s5pdmy8n8f8ppy.jpg
dtllrz60muzrrulumen0.jpg

You might be right. Jalopnik just put out their Model 3 Performance review, which included a number of pix. Drop looks about right, for me at least, in them!

sghkfnuwckmiggthccuo.jpg
o0aiy2s5pdmy8n8f8ppy.jpg
dtllrz60muzrrulumen0.jpg

Wow, pretty much same drop as tsportline, unplugged mild, and eibach. Or at the very least within 0.25 inch.

If my long range came at this height I probably would’ve left it alone.

Reactions: dgaultiere and mpt
Thanks, I'm liking the "meaty" tire choice. They look less stretched out on the 8.5" rim and provide more protection from impact and curbs without a noticeable "impact" on range and ride. Not everyone's taste though...

That is Whiting Ranch wilderness park in the background. Were in OC are you located? I see so many 3's now, even a new grey one down the street from me. My neighbor has both and S and X...and enough solar panels to power the block.

I live in FR as well. Have for about 20 years now :D

From the looks of those picks were taken on the Alton hill? Don’t have a tesla 3 just yet! So still driving around the WRX hatch daily and ///M3 occasionally.